ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pot Holes!

'02 172ff
I generally try to avoid the increasing amount of pot holes on our roads but didnt see one very large one (filled with water) last night which I hit at about 50mph.

First I thought the tyre had exploded but all seems well. I am now getting some vibration from that corner and I can fill a slight wobble on the steering at low speed.

I am going to take the wheel off tonight and give it the once over.

Can anyone recommend anything worth double checking??

Cheers

Ph1
Spin the wheel round. If its bent get a camera and ruler and get straight back down to the pot hole site and put a claim in ;)

i went over a 'new' pot hole on my way to work abotu a 2 weeks ago, usaully know where they all are to avoid, but hit this one at about 30mph and it's left a dent in my rim:mad:.

if you hit the hole hard enough '50mph' it could have put the tracking out which could cause some vibration.

does it feel like it's pulling to one side?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Jack the car up, spin the wheel and move it from side to side and top to bottom, hard to explain it, Shake the wheel in other words lol

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
can i put in a claim about my wheel? (how would i do this?)
take a pic of your wheel in said pot hole, get ruler out and show how deep it is and show how wide and long it is, contact local council and tell them whats happend and send them the pictures

PH1 172 Sport
My mum got a new drive shaft, front wishbone and an alloy out of the council for a pot hole she hit a few months ago so its well worth a go.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Has anybody got any sample letters for claiming from the council that they have successfully? http://lmgtfy.com/ is running a little dry and I've been quoted over £500 to fix some damage after I colided with one last week!

Nike Lunar Elite's
DONT !!

Take photo evidence first. They'll just come along and fill the thing in then your shafted.

Lots of info on the net about the correct way to go about it.

This is the problem, pothole must have opened up Monday night/Tuesday morning, I hit it it Tuesday night, went back on Wednesday to take a photo and it had been filled!

'02 172ff
I have a big dent in one wheel which has now resulted in a flat tyre. swapped ir out for the spare. Taking for a drive shortly to see if this is fixed it.

Think I may go back and take a picture of the pot hole and have a crack at a claim.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I had a Michelin exalto on about 30 miles and went down a pot hole and put a hole in the side of it. Gutted, couldn't of happend to the s**t 1 on the back could it. LOL