ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

potential electrical issue.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
on my home from work today, my 2002 1.2 16v clio seemed to die and then restart itself.
when it died, i had no lights,no throttle, no power steering, nothing. But the engine still sounded like it was running.
when it came back, everything was reset including the clock in the speedo.

the time between it dieing and restarting was about 3 seconds.

when it restarted all the usual lights etc came on as if i started it myself.

Is this an issue with the battery connections? i havent looked yet as its chucking it down.

R35 GTR
Could be earth. My earth cable has erroded away, so i stripped it back to fresh wire, bought a new terminal from halfords and fixed it back on.

I would first try to clean the terminals, that might fix it too.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Could be earth. My earth cable has erroded away, so i stripped it back to fresh wire, bought a new terminal from halfords and fixed it back on.

where is the fixing point to the chassis? thanks.

R35 GTR

where is the fixing point to the chassis? thanks.

On my 172 it is not far from the battery. Just follow the wire down and you should find it.