ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power source for car amp home use

I currently have a Genesis Dual Mono Extreme amplifier which kicks out 1kW RMS and draws about 130A, I fancy using this to power a subwoofer in the home but have been struggling to find a suitable power source, Ive tried the usual stores such as RS and Maplin.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell!

Where did you find them? Ive tried searching for step down transformers and everything that comes up is only for very light use only.

Im sure a bodge could be done with using a very good battery charger but to be honest Id much rather something more professional.

Polo + Micra
yeah that was an industrial power supply and looked about the size of a small filing cabinet.

i've built a 6A power supply before but 130A is another thing

yeah...its a bit of a beast in terms of power draw!

Could always put it back in the car I suppose, that would make sense I guess!

Polo + Micra
have just been looking up on a unit that will switch off a charger when the amp is turned on

but even i'm a bit:S

Had considered that but to be honest altenators struggle to recharge that kinda supply farless a weedy little charger.