ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've just had a second hand steering rack installed. Unfortunately the pipe from the PAS pump to the rack had seized tight and was unable to work loose. In the end it had to be cut in order to remove the rack. I now need new pipes from the pump to the rack.

Question is, can a standard clio (with PAS) pipes fit a 172? There's loads of these knocking about but struggling to find 172/182 pipes from breakers yards (i'm not paying £150+ from renault)

Many thanks

Clio 182
I no longer own a clio but still a lurker ;), although i never replaced the ps hoses on my last clio before i sold it i did look into it,

Seeminly Pirtek will make these up for like 1/2 the price of geniune parts - might be worth a phone?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've just had a second hand steering rack installed. Unfortunately the pipe from the PAS pump to the rack had seized tight and was unable to work loose. In the end it had to be cut in order to remove the rack. I now need new pipes from the pump to the rack.

Question is, can a standard clio (with PAS) pipes fit a 172? There's loads of these knocking about but struggling to find 172/182 pipes from breakers yards (i'm not paying £150+ from renault)

Many thanks
@Timmsy pipes we took off at the weekend should be good for this chap.

Unfortunately it was all a matter of urgency and needed to get the car back on the road asap as I use it for work. The works being done hopefully tomorrow morning. Failing that, anymore problems with it and I'll definitely be in touch. Appreciate it guys.