ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

I had something turn up as well 😄

IMG_1061.JPG

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Can’t believe I’ve only just found this thread [emoji23]

I have Milwaukee problems. (And now unilite thanks to PTM on Facebook haha)

Most recent purchase was the extended ratchet which has had its fair few uses so far. And the stubby 1/2 which I’m actually loving way more than I thought I would

View attachment 1502520

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll pop up in a couple weeks for you to change my springs and front dampers [emoji23]

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a 1/2” 18v Milwaukee?

My last snap on 18v battery has properly died on my 1/2” & is weak as hell, got me looking at Milwaukee 1/2” guns now.

I like the idea of the mid torque one as it’s supposedly pretty beast anyway and not too large. Anyone got one and maybe had an older snap on gun to compare? (I don’t want the newer snap on gun as the guys at work have had crap with theirs).

I have seen some negative stuff about the batteries falling off on the Milwaukee and I am pretty rough with my tools (I’ll often drop my snap on gun onto my boot from waist height if have my hands full & it’s taken a right beating over the last 12 years). Must admit my Milwaukee 3/8” gun looks pretty rough already.

Not sure whether to go Milwaukee or just get a couple of batteries rebuilt (£120 for two) on my snap on.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

My last snap on 18v battery has properly died on my 1/2” & is weak as hell, got me looking at Milwaukee 1/2” guns now.

I like the idea of the mid torque one as it’s supposedly pretty beast anyway and not too large. Anyone got one and maybe had an older snap on gun to compare? (I don’t want the newer snap on gun as the guys at work have had crap with theirs).

I have seen some negative stuff about the batteries falling off on the Milwaukee and I am pretty rough with my tools (I’ll often drop my snap on gun onto my boot from waist height if have my hands full & it’s taken a right beating over the last 12 years). Must admit my Milwaukee 3/8” gun looks pretty rough already.

Not sure whether to go Milwaukee or just get a couple of batteries rebuilt (£120 for two) on my snap on.
Yeah got the WiFi 18v 1/2 highest one they do for that size and it is literally unreal.

Couldn't recommend it enough.

Genuinely think I can use it to revive someone from the dead lol

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

I've got the 1/2" mid torque yeah.

Plenty of power with 850nm loosening and 600nm tightening.

Not many jobs where you'd need much more unless it's heavy plant machinery imo.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Stubby has arrived to replace it's older brother.

View attachment 1502982

Honestly brilliant bits of kit. I’ve got the 1/2” is well and the 1/2” hex sockets for it. The Milwaukee kit only has some sizes so defo worth looking at a better set (Franklin sockets are outstanding for the money, also don’t ever go multi point.)

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Yeah got the WiFi 18v 1/2 highest one they do for that size and it is literally unreal.

Couldn't recommend it enough.

Genuinely think I can use it to revive someone from the dead lol

I’ve yet to find a bolt that it won’t slacken. [emoji108]

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly brilliant bits of kit. I’ve got the 1/2” is well and the 1/2” hex sockets for it. The Milwaukee kit only has some sizes so defo worth looking at a better set (Franklin sockets are outstanding for the money, also don’t ever go multi point.)

Yeah I've already got the 1/2" Milwaukee deep sockets and some deep 3/8" Teng sockets.

Can anyone recommend a first budget 1/2 inch impact gun please? I've managed to do full suspension refresh and brakes with hand tools and breaker bar but still want one especially if getting second set of wheels for swapping at track. I don't want to buy cheap buy twice but also its not going to be used that often. Thanks.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone recommend a first budget 1/2 inch impact gun please? I've managed to do full suspension refresh and brakes with hand tools and breaker bar but still want one especially if getting second set of wheels for swapping at track. I don't want to buy cheap buy twice but also its not going to be used that often. Thanks.

The stubby 1/2" will do most jobs.

Can get a kit for around £170

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Is anyone any good at fixing lithium ion batteries? I've got a bosch 18v 7ah pro core that's decided it doesn't wanna charge. The level indicator on the backs stopped working too

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely the stubby as James Bryan said

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Like this @Touring_Rob

woooooh nelly - thats the proper gear.

I was more thinking of this:

Reactions: MLB

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Probably best to just buy a Milwaukee so you can join the thread properly mate - f**king Booosch.

PS - check Amazon for some knock off packs.

Bosch are generally better than all these shitty milwaukee toys. And the rest of my tools are Bosch so why would I change 🤣. Just need to get this battery fixed somehow, can't be too complicated.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I see Milwaukee are unleashing some new impacts. See the new 18v mid torque, compact (similar size to the m12 compact) on YT the other day. Light looks good but power supposedly similar to m12 but you have the large 18v battery hanging off it so not really sure what the benefits are over the m12. It does look a bit more robust though.

My only complaint of my m12 is it’s not very hard wearing, if it makes a year old I’ll be surprised.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I see Milwaukee are unleashing some new impacts. See the new 18v mid torque, compact (similar size to the m12 compact) on YT the other day. Light looks good but power supposedly similar to m12 but you have the large 18v battery hanging off it so not really sure what the benefits are over the m12. It does look a bit more robust though.

My only complaint of my m12 is it’s not very hard wearing, if it makes a year old I’ll be surprised.

The new M18 mid torque will have the same power as the current one, upto 610nm of tightening and 850nm nut busting.

Just a smaller body.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
The new M18 mid torque will have the same power as the current one, upto 610nm of tightening and 850nm nut busting.

Just a smaller body.

Yeah, I meant the stubby one the same size as the m12. I went to edit my post last night and couldn’t. From what I’ve seen it’s exactly the same power and form as the M12 but with the dirty great 18v battery which seems pointless to me on one sold for it’s compact size.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I meant the stubby one the same size as the m12. I went to edit my post last night and couldn’t. From what I’ve seen it’s exactly the same power and form as the M12 but with the dirty great 18v battery which seems pointless to me on one sold for it’s compact size.

Ahh right yeah, that does sound pointless.