ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

powerflex dog bone mount..

CLIO 172 CUP....
gonna be fitting one of these dog bone mount kit next couple of days and i have looked on the guide on here and seen how its done just wonderin how much of a pain in the ass it is and are they really worth doing i have read news about poster make it surpose to make the car feel a lot better through the gear change... will i be happy with the resaults

thanks...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Did mine last weekend.

Very easy to do, and yes its worth it. Gear change is so slick now, and unlike some I haven't suffered any bad vibrations.

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah thats good to hear then mate cause gear change at the moment seems so..(S**T).. and what iv been reading thay are ment to make it 100% better......:cool:..cant wait..

any info on how long it takes to do..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Half an hour maybe?

Hardest part was getting the mount off, had to use a big bar on the gearbox end.

Took my mate 15mins to remove replace and refit on my ph1, just seems to make it abut tighter to drive and as other have said gear change is better and mine werent in bad condition tbh and I get no vibrations either tbh

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Ive just bought a spare dogbone so i can powerflex it and just swap it straight over. Is it easy enough to do with the car up on some ramps or does it really need to be lifted?

6/468 17poo
Is it just the case of unscrewing the bolts and swapping the mount over? Do you need to support the engine too? and does it put more pressure on the other mounts?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine vibrated quite badly at first, for about a week, i did go the safari park day after i had it fitted, so noticed it loads cos of slowing driving.

But now don't notice any difference.

Artic Blue 182 FF
very easy mod.. and defiantly worth it.. gear change is smoother and less rock from the engine... totally stopped the knocking I had from the exhaust.

LY200
Can anyone advise where to get the powerflex or equivalent make gearbox mount bushes and engine mount bushes for a k4m 1.6 16v? 2002 plate

Zetec YO!!!!!
I managed to fit mine and im not excactly a master mechanic, the hardest bit is getting the old bushes out but with the help of works 30 ton press job done.:approve:

CLIO 172 CUP....
witch way dose this bush go on the gear box end.. is it the thin end or the fat end that sit under the gear box....

14022011557.jpg

Last edited:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
as in the picture above (thin end under the box) there were some discussions on this and many (me included) had the bush mounted the other way. Looks like there are more vibrations and more strain on the bolt if fitted with the thick part under the box

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
now he's confused! LOL. true to be said I ran mine like mike said for almost a year and nothing happened

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As per Dave's guide I fit mine with the thick part at the top (touching gearbox). Not had any issue's since.

Dont forget a washer top and bottom either or you'll f**k the bushes.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
trader or not I'm not gonna swap mine again! It's too cold outside LOL

Stripped yozza'd cup
^correct! thick part goes closest to the box

Thank you! I can get on with doing mine now :)

Can somone give me a quick list of the tools I'll need, I'm at my workshop now but the car is at home.... Need to grab the tools to take back with me.

Lionel Richie
Thank you! I can get on with doing mine now :)

Can somone give me a quick list of the tools I'll need, I'm at my workshop now but the car is at home.... Need to grab the tools to take back with me.

16mm spanners x 2
18mm socket and rachet (maybe breaker bar too)

bearing press if you're posh, or a lump hammer if you are cave man :D

getting the old bits out without a press can't be nice!

soon to be 182 ;)
can you get these for non sports? (ph1 1.4s) mine is nackered and if ican get uprated bushes i may as well theyre roughly the same price?

Stripped yozza'd cup
16mm spanners x 2
18mm socket and rachet (maybe breaker bar too)

bearing press if you're posh, or a lump hammer if you are cave man :D

getting the old bits out without a press can't be nice!

Cheers :)

Well I do have a press but I'm not driving all the way back to the workshop to use it.... So vice and a hammer it is!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its easy with a vice, small bush pushes out using suitably size sockets in the vice either side, and the big bush can just be squashed inwards on itself in the vice until it falls out :)

Breaker bar was essential on mine for the gearbox side. Was a tight bugger that.

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah was easy as f**k to do also never had to use a breaker bar on mine...just removed the dog bone from the car then whent in to the shed and used a vice and a lump hammer...;)..to remove the mounts....then sticking the powerflex mounts in was a peace of piss as i just push them in by hand....JOB DONE....and have to say ALOTE better gear changing is alot smoother.....