ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex inner arb bushes

clio 172 phase 2
Im writing this whilst got a tear in my eye these are absolute ball ache to fit ! Managed to get the bolt through the clamp and the subframe hole .

But now the bolt is on an angle will this sort it self out when i start tightening it up?

It might do, but you could end up cross threading it and ruining the thread, what i did was once the bolt was in at an agle, get a long thin bar like a crow bar and gently price on it till you can get the bolt in straight. Good luck i fitted mine few weeks ago and was getting really frustrated with them.

clio 172 phase 2
My hands are broken . And i havnt even finished one lol got to annoyed and left it . Now im off down pub

PH2 Flamer
Is there no way of clamping them to make it easy to put the bolt back in? Ill be doing mine soon. And thats the method i used on the s3.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I used a pry bar against the chassis if it helps? Then with my other 2 hands I put a nut and bolt in :clown:

LY Megane R26
I did mine a couple weeks back, and it is a right ball ache
however the way I ended up doing it wasn't too bad with a bit of patience and time.

I used a set of large pliers like this....

MON2022.jpg

I found them easier to use than mole grips. Then all I did was close them as much as possible and secure with a strong cable tie.
This brought the clamp closer to the subframe.
Then I used a small ish crow bar, or pry bar to push the clamp into position to line the holes up as much as I could then popped the bolt through enough to pull the crow bar away.
then I was able to put the nut on the back and tighten up.

It was very tight and like I said took a bit of time but I found it far easier tbh. Took me just over an hour to do the job.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 48
Yeah i did it in round about same way as that, but when your on drive on your back in rain it proper gets to you, if you dont ache afterwards then youve not done it right haha

LY Megane R26
Ill agree with the above, I was fortunate it wasn't raining though lol
My hands were killing after and when your on your drive constantly holding your head in the air you soon feel the pain the next day in your neck haha.

I did all of my arb bushes together, the outers were dead easy.
But all the agro from the inbred was worth it, the car feels loads better now.

clio 172 phase 2
The dog bones easy mate but the wishbones you have to tack the metal sleeves in place or they munch the subframe. The inner arb is a mission

Clio 172 Ph2
I've got the newest version of the wishbone pack, it's a bit different now I think as you put washers on the ends. I don't do welding so fingers crossed they'll be ok.

It's easy with a g clamp and longer bolt

Put the longer bolt in and tighten to pull the bracket up - then put a g clamp on the bracket to hold it in place, remove longer bolt and put proper bolt in - job done

Took me no more than 30mins to do them both

clio 172 phase 2
Think thats my problem im making do with the incorrect tools . Got a pair of wrench grips and g clamps in work so il attack it again tonite .

clio 172 phase 2
All done :) got up early this morning to crack on with it . Took me 45 mins with the right tools . Glad its done and out the way