ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PowerStation Rolling Road Day Photos

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
its all about the first clio, thats cup gave it the dogs fair play what a car standard car fair fair play!!

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Quality pics mate, good day i was chuffed to bits with the 180 on my standard set up with only an itg filter!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol at your car quade doing so well

could one of those intel styled stickers like people have saying "182 inside' ETC

but saying "freak inside"

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
lol at your car quade doing so well

could one of those intel styled stickers like people have saying "182 inside' ETC

but saying "freak inside"

Lol. Dont wanna give the game away too much. Having fun looking at R32 owners and scooby owners looking puzzled as i reel them in and they have to pull over to let me pass!:D Does help being semi stripped too. 200+ bhp/ton FTW! Just wish it was as light as Jays car.

Nippy white cup
Good results there guys. Haven't had mine out for aaaaages but I think it need mapping again or maybe the filter given a good clean...used to do 90-110 in just over 5 seconds in 4th gear...now takes just over 7 and where as the engine stayed touchable after a good blast it is now red hot after a short while so maybe the cool air isn't getting where it should be?

Chris

ITB'd 182...
Any ideas of the date for the one at GDI Jay?

Would like to see what ive gained with the filter/remap/de-cat and exhaust

172 Race Car
No date set yet. It will be a good day there tho as we have some other things in mind in addition to the rolling road

ITB'd 182...
Cool

How accurate are the Powerstations rollers in comparison to GDI's?

(random question i no)

Only reason i ask is that mine made 188 at powerstation with just a panel filter :/

172 Race Car
Mine was 181.3bhp/156.8lbf @ GDI

and

183.7bhp/157.7lbf @ powerstation

Andy/Bex RSI was 184bhp (iirc) on their rollers

and

180.9bhp @ powerstation with a little lower toruqe figure, so not much in it

Both cars run within a few weeks on the rollers with nothing changed in between

Willy + Modus DCi
who took the pic of the williams then i know someone did!

and purely for daz....shouldnt of left us man!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Scott's R26 wasn't running right, hence only getting 263bhp and 277lbs/ft with his stage 2.

At RS Tuning Scott's was pumping out 273bhp and about 320lbs/ft last month.

Think it may be the Godspeed intercooler leaking again, as it was pissing out air on sunday. Also it didn't feel as quick as mine when I got home and mine just has a Stage 1.

Stage one last year it was 264bhp and 269lbs/ft.

Rob's Megane is impressive for a 225 as it made 273bhp and 295lbs/ft with stage 2, his had made 279bhp and 325lbs/ft when mappedat RS Tuning also.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
torque figures are massivly affected by RPM vs Power reading

as they are calculated figures, if the RPM reading is 100 rpm off (for eg) then the torque figure can be different

I suspect RS tuning take the RPM from a direct Tacho feed and therefore is 100% acutate

powerstation use road speed at 3000rpm to interpolate the RPM across the range

(its ideal for a RR days as its quick)

also where the air temp is taken from etc etc will all affect power and torque readings.

Andy

Hey m8,

Was nice meeting you, see if you can come along to the GDI day :)

And I'll let you know if/when I decide to sell my Recaros ;)
#

More top stuff from you Dan. The GTA looks mint. Which multistorey did you go to for those photos?

The one you recommended :)

The ramp to the top floors was blocked off, but there were some security guards and we cheekily asked if we could go up the top, and they let us! Very sound guys!

A4 Avant
Looks like a good day with some decent results. Mine made 197 bhp twice there. 185 and 192 bhp at other places.

I always thought there results were accurate, but got slatted on here when I posted my results.

Clio Sport 172
Hey m8,

Was nice meeting you, see if you can come along to the GDI day :)

And I'll let you know if/when I decide to sell my Recaros ;)

Yeah you too, will keep an eye out for the GDI day. I went to LA Fitness and the guy working there was telling me about a Clio tuning place close by didn't realise it was GDI. Yeah let me know I may be tempted...

The one you recommended :)

The ramp to the top floors was blocked off, but there were some security guards and we cheekily asked if we could go up the top, and they let us! Very sound guys!

Sweet. Its massive! lol. The only reason i went to the quays the other day was to visit the cadburys factory outlet!:rasp: Good location for another group photoshoot? Obviously if ur up for it?;)

M8 im always up for it! oh hang on.... ;)

Yeh we'll av to do another local photoshoot, I know m4rkie is keen to join us too.

I know it's more of the generic car park shots, but it's a good place to mess about in, and when I get the new rig up and running, we'll have a go at multiple car rig shots!! :evil:

We could make it the usual pub meet then photoshoot. I could pick something out of Amandas wardrobe for Bomber to wear! ;) Id wear a dress my self but Dave has such a more flattering figure!:rasp:

172 Silver Cup
So 6 years on, I return to powerstation in the silver cup which was the first picture on here, mr steve 'o' owned. As you can see it made a health 180bhp standard. It had been well looked after and driven since then by a mr clark and I am now the lucky owner! Its had a few little mods now, ktec mk2 stealth exhaust, decat, remapped and a diy induction. (yes im still diying). Totally different experience this time to my last time with my 130bhp! I was nervious mind but i knew the car pulled well. So we were told clios were on next with 5 minutes to go, not to happy as engine wasnt quiet up to temp. Anyway it went on and topped out at 6790rpm (still on cold map) but it made 201bhp. I was buzzing to say the least. Was hoping for 190bhp but this was something else. On a whole id say the day was pretty good with fair results throughout, marc's cup which was misfiring made 225bhp with his bodies and another cup which has been modified made 193bhp. Not chasing figures but nice to see on paper what a few of us thought was a very strong engine.
received_10153189942564469.jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-29-39.png