ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Preparing for Winter..Help

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
My current kit is as follows:

P21 Shampoo
P21 Paint Cleanser
AG SRP
P21 carnauba Wax
Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
AG Bumper Care
AG Glass Cleaner

washed the car a week ago, didn't have time to add any wax etc, last time washed before that was aroundn 1.5 months ago, when it was washed polihed and waxed..

Just wondering how I can best prep the car for winter, I've heard good things about FK1000P and Poorboys Wheel Sealant....

Would I need to buy a clay kit and start from scratch in order to prep the car in the best way...

As you can tell not sure what products would be useful and how and what techniques I can use to apply them.

Cheers guys, thanks in advance :):)

Megane R26
Just switch the P21 Wax for Colli 476S or 845 for durability over Winter.

In terms of prep, yes you should buy a Clay Kit (AG one is ideal from your local rep for £15), then use the P21 Cleanser, then the Colli wax of choice.

1000P is good, but it's not as durable as Colli, not even close. Plus it's a sealant, so wouldn't be keen on the oily P21/R222 cleanser.

The Colli would be fine on your wheels too.

So... job done for £30 :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Only thing i hate about colli is it smells f**king rank! Although it IS very good and long lasting :)

Used it twice today..on my old dears MG TF...(Which Russ im gonna post some pics up soon as there are some "rum old" marks UNDER the paint. its odd as buggery!) and on my Monaco (only did the bonnet as I couldnt be arsed to spend 12 hours cleaning/waxing to be honest!).

My hands stink now! :(

Bumder With A Buffer
I havent no. I only got the 476 a few weeks back. Didnt even consider the 845 to be honest.

476 is not very good to apply by hand I found

Megane R26
I havent no. I only got the 476 a few weeks back. Didnt even consider the 845 to be honest.

476 is not very good to apply by hand I found

It's a bit too fussy really. Needs to be a REALLY thin layer and needs to be removed within a couple of minutes.

845 is a lot nicer.

Bumder With A Buffer
Aye I put a bit on the bonnet..f**ked off to do the coilie up a few mill (took 2 mins as wheels were already off) then got carried away and wanted to clean the arches on mine..went back 10 mins later and it was a right git to get off!

Lesson learnt though!

Just switch the P21 Wax for Colli 476S or 845 for durability over Winter.

Thanks for the help, Which would you sugest out of these two?

Also to maintain the car through the winter, would it just be a case of a wash and then applying more of wither the 476S or 845?

Cheers Guys :)

Bumder With A Buffer
476 id say...but Russ has just been talking to me about 845 which is easier to apply and lasts "almost" as long.

845 is a liquid wax whereas 476 is normal wax and if left on too long can be a git to get off (like I found out today! :eek:)

Megane R26
Thanks for the help, Which would you sugest out of these two?

Also to maintain the car through the winter, would it just be a case of a wash and then applying more of wither the 476S or 845?

Cheers Guys :)

Both are superb - the 476 will last a little longer, but the 845 is a LOT easier to use, and looks a little better IMHO.

I'd go 845 personally. If you want to add more durability then use something like Carlack NSC in place of the P21 Cleanser, which will add it's own layer of protection.

These kits which Tim does are great for Winter:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html

Just ask him to switch the wax to 845 for you :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Thats a pretty good price actually...I might have to try the CArlack out as I have the window twins and tehy seem very good so far.

Yer - I'll be ordering that now, thanks alot, so throughout the winter is it just a wash and add another layer of 845?

Thanks

Megane R26
Yer - I'll be ordering that now, thanks alot, so throughout the winter is it just a wash and add another layer of 845?

Thanks

Yeah pretty much.

It's maybe worth buying a spray wax/quick detailer to recharge the finish after washing, but that's optional really

How often do you think you will be washing your car?

Bumder With A Buffer
Russ will say yes but il try and beat hiom by saying

YES

Edit ball-bags :(

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Oh and poorboys is good but so is planet polish wheel seal and shine.

Today I used Planet Polisih Wheel Seal & Shine then a couple of layers of poorboys on the front...il see how that goes. Although I ahve a split CV boot so that wheel will be fucked after a while anyway :(

Thats the 3rd in a year FFS! :(