ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure washers, which should i buy?

BG 182FF
Im after a pressure washer for Christmas. Not looking to spend over £150. Initially i only wanted a karcher, after hearing they are the only ones i should consider, but searching the forum it seems like they don't last too long. Maybe thats just a general pressure washer thing and not brand related. So, i could use some advice.

Ive seen these two lovely offers at tesco direct
http://direct.tesco.com/q/buylist/id.6988.aspx

And during my forum search i saw gally recommend
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Motor/dp/B001TUYV14

Has anyone spotted any good offers?

Arctic 182
I got the Nilfisk C110, only had it few months but seems very good for the money. It also has very good reviews and is cheap!

I also have the C110, only used 3 times but seems decent. Not massively powerful, so for your budget you could potentially get something with much higher bar and litres/hour. That said, the C110 seems up to car cleaning every couple of weeks, so if your not going to be a heavy user you could save some money.

Karchers have plastic impellers that break. Nilfisk have metal impellers which don't. Simple choice.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Karchers have plastic impellers that break. Nilfisk have metal impellers which don't. Simple choice.

The newer X range Karchers are brilliant.

K5.700 is what I use, Russ bought one after using mine ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I got a £35 one (own branded) from Hellfrauds mainly as it was the same fitment to my lance after moving out of the 'rents place, and it was cheaper than buying a new lance.

It's been fine for the last year :eek:

I bought a cheap and cheerful Aldi one which worked very well and was powerful.
All was fine until some clown left it in the shed over winter with a bit of water left in it and the alloy pipe split.

Storm Grey 200
I have a halfords one. It broke after a month, my fault tho, left it in shed during the snowpocolypse. Anyway halfords replaced it straight swap. And it's been great ever since. :)

Megane R26
Tbh, lots of Nilfisks are now failing on users from DW, so they seem to be just as bad as the cheaper Karchers.

I would also suggest you look at the Karcher Outlet, and get something like X5.700, or another of the "X" series (there's a cheaper one too)

Whichever you get, just don't let the frost get to it over Winter...

BG 182FF
Thanks for the suggestions guys, im now im now undecided between 2 really,

C110 which is £45 from amazon

and the k3.575 @£100 from Karcher outlet
http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=4934

Where are these X series people keep mentioning? they are all k's on the Karcher website.

I seem to be reading a fair bit about pressure washers not lasting too long, so im bringing my price range down to around £100 mark. I cant justify spending 250ish for something like the K5.700

is the k3.575 twice as good as the c110, because from the specs alone it doesn't seem to be much different, also i wouldn't mind buying a new PW every couple of years if they are only costing £45.

Megane R26
That K3 you linked is an X Series PW - you can tell from the X design on the body. DEFO go for that over a C110.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Bought mine from Costco ;)

Russ weather any good, if so give us abell & fit me in :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Thinking about buying the X series K3.575 for my dad from the Outlet, Im right in thinking thats nothing else is comparable for the cash?

Megane R26
Bought mine from Costco ;)

Russ weather any good, if so give us abell & fit me in :D

I have quite the queue at the moment mate!

Feb is earliest probably now :( If weather is poor, I have a unit down here where we could do it?

Russ.

BG 182FF
Nothing will touch it for £100!

Thanks Russ, this is the one im gonna get then. Is the upgrade to 12months warranty worth it or a waste of money? I don't usually buy extended warranty's but with this being a refurb and only having 6 months it got me wondering.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Im ordering now too!

My mate (on here) got mugged off for £300 for his. Buying from a caravan site FTL.

I got the K5.700. Hellaepic.

I was going to spend £100 but my old man said he'd chip in too so we just went for the best we could get!

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I got a cheapie black and decker(TDK Plus) one for christmas a couple of years ago. Its a bit basic but otherwise been faultless (I was a bit spoilt growing up as my dad had a professional hot washer karcher). But Just wondered if there is a snow foam lance that will fit?

Bumder With A Buffer
Dont get a Karcher...had mine 24 months and hardly used it. But the motor inside is fcuked and has been making a god awfule noise. Im waiting for it to blow up.

So looking at also getting a Karcher for myself this christmas, like others have said i'm looking at getting the refurbished K3.575 unit. Wheres the best place to get the snowfoam lance from that everyone uses? I'm guessing it's a straight plug in a go on these pressure washers. Also whats the best shampoo for the lance? Cheers.

BG 182FF
Get the Lance from i4detailing, they have it for £44 also got some Christmas discount at the moment too

Got a karcher but they bloody hose keeps breaking and its mega money for one. I mean the hose to the gun. I think I might go Nilfisk and sell my old one.