ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price comparison sites and mods...

This appears to be a really bad idea. Just got my renewal and was shocked to see it was £560 (33 years old, 15 years NCB, no convictions, no accidents, half decent postcode). So I went on confused and stuck all my details in including a modified exhaust. Best quote was £937!

I took the modded exhaust out, re-did the quote and the best is £450. Surely something is broken here?!? Nearly £500 for a different f**king exhaust?! I'm thinking the best bet is to use Confused or whatever to find who's competative and then speak to em direct about the exhaust, see if they can't come up with something more reasonable.

This has actually made me angry. I know this is a cliche by now but this is daylight f**king robbery. 15 years NCB doesn't seem to count for much it seems - Most of the companies listed wanted well over a grand. Thieving c***s.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Easy answer, phone the company that gave you the 450 quote, ask how much to add a stainless exhaust system as the standard one had rusted and was replaced.

If they say £20, you're quids in.