ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic 182 for Track

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Ti shims definitely help, I've done 3 days with aggressive Pagid RST pads that generate a lot of heat and the dust boots on the Brembos still look like new. Whereas before they would be ruined in a day without them

What thickness Ti did you use?

I used 0.5 as the pads I use already have a thick backing so there wasn’t much room.

2F42E779-4CFF-4740-9AE6-F1521A03F14D.jpeg
C4BD3CFA-D965-43FC-B8CB-8412878DC423.jpeg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I’ve made some titanium shims for mine and thought they made an improvement, now working on some ducts to direct more air to the calipers.

When you next out at Snetterton Greeny?

Not until next year now, and as I have a little one coming in March so im not sure ill be out much next year but we will see.

Where can I get these shims from? I don't have the facilities to make them myself unfortunately. My Cup Racer ducts are abit s**t as they are so badly made from the factory that they don’t really direct the air where I want them to, plus when I did try to took up some ducting I didn’t really have anywhere to attach it to as im not running any arch liners. Brand new PBS pads were useless after 2/3 laps with the ducts in, came into the pits with my callipers smoking a lot! Took the ducts out and they were a lot better. My wheels were extremely hot as well, which I would guess might have something to do with my tyres overheating and blistering slightly.

Not until next year now, and as I have a little one coming in March so im not sure ill be out much next year but we will see.

Where can I get these shims from? I don't have the facilities to make them myself unfortunately. My Cup Racer ducts are abit s**t as they are so badly made from the factory that they don’t really direct the air where I want them to, plus when I did try to took up some ducting I didn’t really have anywhere to attach it to as im not running any arch liners. Brand new PBS pads were useless after 2/3 laps with the ducts in, came into the pits with my callipers smoking a lot! Took the ducts out and they were a lot better. My wheels were extremely hot as well, which I would guess might have something to do with my tyres overheating and blistering slightly.

Are you running standard calipers? I’m now changing to brembos so I’ll prob sell my shims if your interested?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The shims won't remove the heat @Greeny. just so you know, they just slow it down/stop it from getting to the fluid as quick.

Well worth it though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Have dropped you a pm @Adamxx ill have them please.

@JamesBryan im boiling the fluid as well so any little helps :)

I’ll be cutting my cup racer ducts before I’m next out so they are in essence just a visual change so I can get the most air into the calliper area without removing them completely

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Have dropped you a pm @Adamxx ill have them please.

@JamesBryan im boiling the fluid as well so any little helps :)

I’ll be cutting my cup racer ducts before I’m next out so they are in essence just a visual change so I can get the most air into the calliper area without removing them completely

What fluid are you on?

I'm on the Castrol SRF now, not cheap but it doesn't boil and the pedal recovers quicker.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So after having no track action last year I was hoping to have already been out but for obvious reasons that hasn’t happened, car is basically ready to go, all fluids changed it just needs an MOT and Tax so I can actually get to Snet and back.

Decided to paint my Cup racer ducts to match the car, also cut them slightly to actually allow some air to the callipers, fibreglass tastes/smells lovely lol.

FA6B4B8F-3E1A-4423-A85F-D915CD1C71BA.jpeg

842D00BE-D48B-4BBC-AAAD-DC5EE6475266.jpeg

7B413EFA-2F8A-4580-B416-ECFF29FBC74F.jpeg

Also removed my battery to find all this shite in my battery tray... hmmm

FA2417EA-AC41-4A63-BE81-3AC2DD164B24.jpeg

Gave all the callipers a lick of paint to freshen them up abit, finally fitted the Ti shims I bought over a year ago, fitted brand new genuine rear discs and PBS pads:

F8BF80AF-A068-4502-A2AE-A76001D10A74.jpeg

906D3934-E3D6-43D9-9560-45A9C59A6B69.jpeg

EEAD2405-EDBB-4706-846C-C32C385AFD1A.jpeg

Finally I fitted PMS rear hub spacers and -1.0 camber shims in that hope that this might stop me killing as many rear bearings:

065B1C4C-36E9-4824-881C-CABE5C5AD514.jpeg

About to order a Powerlite PS-09, charger and negative cut off terminal, will get my battery cover finally fitted once this is all in.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Battery arrived, I knew they were small but didn’t quite appreciate how small and also how light, mental really:

AFB27E5D-3D5C-40E5-93D6-AB58D1BB4FF2.jpeg

Also ordered terminals so I could use the original fitments as imo there’s so reason for me to move it from the engine bay:

3DD7F667-CB5E-4CB7-A024-6108CBB6C7F2.jpeg

Lastly ordered a negative disconnect terminal so I can flick it off when parked up in the garage:

3871D55B-13DC-4BFF-B18D-DE8C1A9BDC7D.jpeg

Whilst attempting to fit it this proper s**t battery mount decided to snap, so had to improvise with cable ties until I get a proper mount made/bought, it’s extremely solid though

990DAF3A-0CE2-4BBE-AFFC-98FE02FEF6F5.jpeg

Whilst at it I also fitted my battery cover, partly to hide the hideous mess I created and partly to neaten up the bay and hopefully stop abit of heat soak? Who knows.

0F986864-BAB5-4287-8D50-D2919B8BF38B.jpeg

0EDC7686-3054-49F7-96EB-F730D46B41C9.jpeg

How she’s currently looking, really want to get this thing outta the garage now!!

F32C92E4-384E-41E9-987B-5041C1D13AD2.jpeg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just looked it up and didnt realise by fitting that PS09 ive saved 9.8kg over the standard spec Bosch item I was using, more than I expected, no brainer really! Wonder

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Just looked it up and didnt realise by fitting that PS09 ive saved 9.8kg over the standard spec Bosch item I was using, more than I expected, no brainer really! Wonder

I recently fitted a PS-09 in mine as well. Thought they had forgot to put the battery in the box because it was so light!

Amazing stuff!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I recently fitted a PS-09 in mine as well. Thought they had forgot to put the battery in the box because it was so light!

Amazing stuff!

Where did you put yours and how did you mount it?

That's a cool shot 😎

Also, is it your car that's on March of this years cliosport calender?

Yeh that’s one of my faves and yup that was mine 👍

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you put yours and how did you mount it?

Yeh that’s one of my faves and yup that was mine [emoji106]

Mine came with a cage.

I just mounted it at the rear of the spare wheel well with a few of those self drilling screws. I’m doing to get some rubber strips to put between the cage and the body though because it’s earthed because of the earth strap so it’s slightly dangerous when swinging a spanner around the +VE terminal you have to be careful not to clip the cage!
eaecb2c901cec6db67d4a7f08bf459b7.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Snet booked for July 15th as June was all fully booked, not suprisingly really!