ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private plates - Your opinions?

Megane Cabriolet D+
Ive always wanted a private plate for myself, but had trouble finding one that could spell my name correctly or even my surname.

But after looking around ive managed to get myself one with my initials from my forename, middle & surname and im dead chuffed with it.

Had to drive to sheffield to get the relevant documents changed over and ive just fitted the new plates this morning...

M20 SLR

The M20 part is irrelevant mind, but like i say i couldnt find one within a decent price range to spell my name, or something like.

Mine cost me £250 all in so it wasnt too bad really, and if i was to sell it on at a later date maybe someone with a Merc SLR would be interested.

For now its staying on my car mind!

Has anyone else got a Private Plate on here? did anyone manage to get a really good one too?

A couple of my mates dropped on and got their names spelt correct tho, and they also paid £250 for theirs!! Gutted

Black-Gold 182
that's not bad at all mate! you look online and you can get anywhere from £400 upwards!

My initials are ATS, and I found a really good one AT51 ATS - it costs £3k though!

Thats not a bad price, may also appeal to some photography geek if you can't sell it to a Merc SLR owner, definatly worth £250 and no stupid spacing so its all legit.
Mines A15 XDS
D is my middle initial, i ve got it spaced legally as I can't be doing with the hassle.

here's mine. My initials are DC

IMG_6897_cropped.gif

W

wickedbitch

my fella owns d2 cos for his cossie and 57 dk which is on his merc, i wanted a bog standard mel plate mel 32e pref, but he wont let me have one! he paid 4500 for the 57 dk but weve been offered 6500 to sell it back. It has no relevance at all but the kids think its for dk out of tokyo drift!!!!!

Megane Cabriolet D+
Mines not spaced illegally, i cant be doing with the police pulling me over everytime i go out in the car.

Dead chuffed with mine like, ive stuck it on with double sided sticky tape, just hope they stay on

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think they're pointless unless they represent the car they are on, like Cats V6 for instance.

Why the f**k would i want people to know my name?? Plus, if you get into some road rage, there's less chance of them finding you ;)

Polo Bluemotion
new3 009.JPG

heres mine, my name is marshall o'brien, hence the mob. the number isnt relevant to anything,apart from my step mum has 111 mob
911.jpg

Last edited:
  Ly meg R26
i bought w666ren when i was 18, i love it, my last name is wren plus with the 666ren its a great match for my 182:evil::)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My surname's Briggs, so I've always wanted... MBR166S.

It's on some random Hyundai Coupe at the moment.

Also got outbid on C110 CUP when it was up for auction.

Maybe one day...

Megane R26 + 182
Got the plate but need a car!!! Peaple Call Me JAS (Jaz) because of my name is James Alexander Shrubb. So i Got J17SSJ so it looks like JASS J. What you guys think??? Cheers :eek:

clio 1.2
i got mine a while back but its still on retention.
D11MY B with the 11 curved a tiny bit to look like DOMY B

Golf GTI 1.8T
it has got a full stainless, but nothing too loud, nice raspy sound over from 4-9k :)

IMG_7137.jpg

clio 172 cup and valver
my number plate is Y100 LAD as my car was owned by L.A.D motorsport but i also have V21 ARL the 'V' doesnt stand for anything the 21 was how old i was when i brought it and ARL are my intails .

1.2 Clio
I've just passed my test.... was 17 on 22nd september.... I wanted to get P17 ags.... all my mates call me Ags... but... at the moment on my clio i have SL02BTZ... as in slow to bits....... dno what to have...... someone make my mind up please :)