ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PROBLEM: Anyone good at bodging subframes!?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Basically I purchased some sub-frames off Gray, gave him the measurements etc and he trial fitted them in his car and they fitted fine. But as an oversight, i didn't take into consideration that his is stripped out completely.

So thats no carpet or plastic on the doors thats in his way, whilst I have - so in turn they dont fit.

Can anyone see a way of me getting these to fit? Would cutting them in half, shortening them a little work?

DSC_0003.gif

DSC_0004.gif

DSC_0005.gif

DSC_0006.gif

DSC_0007.gif

DSC_0009.gif

Luke!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
possibly make a cut into the bars that run across, and then get them welded up. not sure what effect this will make on the strength of the frame though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^ Dont think it will matter too much, have you seen the state of the standard items holding the seats in place? The bolts are as thick as a pencil! They are been replaced by M8 bolts so should be better.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah, when i took mine out when i put my buckets in, i did notice they weren't exactly great. go for a bit of chopping/welding then!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Strip the car? lol

No as its still my daily - Bar a few track days. I still put the rear seats in should i need them as it only takes 5 mins to bolt them back in.

Not ideal but i can't afford another car atm :) So this is the best compromise for now