ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem changing dash lights :(

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so im changing all my dash lights to blue! Ive done the speedo and all that stuff but iv just tried to do the instrument rail with the central locking, hazard light and back windscreen de-mister however i have snapped some of the central locking clip and cant get the de-mister to work :(

Anyone know how to do it/want to do it for me for some money? :)

Forgot to mention its a mk2 ph2

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Doing them blue to match my head unit! I know Ive managed to do the whole of the speedo fine! and then f****d up the instrument panel haha also got to do the climate control dials and the switches but hope they wont be to hard! Its so frustrating when it doesnt work and you dont know why! Your help would be much appreciated!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
obviously for the instrument panel you need to use LEDs with legs, rather than SMDs.

I could do them for you if you send them over to me, if you have any xenon white LEDs spare that'd be awesome as a payment because I ran out lol.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
where did you get the SMD/LEDs? as said it's long legged LEDs in the control strip and is pretty easy compared to the dash panel, o and replacement broken bit from a scrappys for about 5-10 quid

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately dont have any white ones mate only blue!! How does £15 sound if you do the instrument panel, climate control and window switches? and you can keep the rest of the blue leds you dont need! haha

I got them from crazy LED's so ive got all the right bits! but i F****d both the switches trying to get the led out! its like soldered on the other side! so would much prefer if someone who actually knew what they were doing could do it for me and do a beter job! haha il go to the scrappys tomorrow :)

172 cup- suzu rf600r
ah i wondered because i got mine there too, instructions are great except for the switches lol! i ended up snipping them near the top and soldering a join instead of trying to get the bottom

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
OHHHHH!! thats a great idea!! might give that a try haha im pretty handy with a soldering iron now! You dont happen to still have a copy of the instructions you could forward to me do you mate?

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers man if you could find them that would be amazing! and they are definately past repairable.... the fact that i somehow managed to snap all three prongs on one side of them is still confusing me... its almost an achievement!

If you know how to do the window switches and climate control that would be good as thats the next task tomorrow afternoon

172 cup- suzu rf600r
OHHHHH!! thats a great idea!! might give that a try haha im pretty handy with a soldering iron now! You dont happen to still have a copy of the instructions you could forward to me do you mate?

er i could have a look really not sure, the guy just emailed them to me if you bought direct from him just ask? thats what i did he responded in an hour or so

richy would it work out cheaper all added up? even if, crazys is easy, all the right things and good instructions, worth an extra few quid imo

172 cup- suzu rf600r
jezza no my emails dont go back that far, like i said though if you just ask him hel send im sure, watch out for sharks though, i got a couple of PMs from people in other countries asking for the instructions, get the feeling it was to sell their own packs without the effort of making a guide, asses

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
No Worries mate, il just drop him an email tomorrow morning and hopefully he will of replied by the time i get back from uni and the breakers so i can crack on and get it done!

Bumder With A Buffer
er i could have a look really not sure, the guy just emailed them to me if you bought direct from him just ask? thats what i did he responded in an hour or so

richy would it work out cheaper all added up? even if, crazys is easy, all the right things and good instructions, worth an extra few quid imo

There is guides on here for that..In fact I made them!

Bumder With A Buffer
Same rules applies though..

I just priced up a full kit from

http://www.phenoptix.com/shop/

£11.50

I could easily make a guide on how to do the standard CC..if I had the dials. Its PISS easy. The Clock though, to do it PROPERLY requires a bit more faffing around. NOT repalceing the bulbs then the overlay bit with an LCD filter. Thats cheating and it looks s**t

Bumder With A Buffer
Here is the clock/clocks I did... Ignore the lines on the LH side of the bottom 2 pics..that was still the "experimental" stage :eek:

a3a3676e.jpg

932f7852.jpg

d417552f.jpg

Done by removing the bulbs altogether and building up to small circuit boards that fitted in there place...each board had 9 leds wired in series. The best and ONLY way to make the clock section look good.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
There is guides on here for that..In fact I made them!

i remeber seeing that when i first thought of doing mine, looked good! was there a bit about the clock? iv 'cheated' and improvement is welcome lol

jezza, do you mean non digital cc? as in just twisty heating controls? if so its just 2 bulbs, well the cheaters way ;)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Ye man twisty heating controls! and thats good to hear that its only bulbs! im abit fed up with the whole thing now! Took me a day to remove the dash and do the speedo! and today all i managed to do was break the Instrument panel! FAIL! Hopefully tomorrow il finish the panel with new switches, the heating controls and the window switches!!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
the hardest part is done (the dash) stay strong! did you specify to crazys that your is non DCC? if not he wont have sent you the bulbs

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Awwww sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! nah man i didnt specify that! i didnt know it was any different!! might just buy the bulbs off the website Richy reccomended!! Damn thats so annoying! wont get it finished before the weekend!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Dials.jpg
Switches.jpg
Console.jpg
So this is what ive done so far and im pleased with it, although you can hardly see the millage and petrol gague.... haha What bulbs do i need for the heater controls? The dial type, not the digital and also for the headlight adjutment, tried using just one of the wee leds that was supplied for the instrument panel but it just got fried when i turned the lights on so i need a different LED! If you guys could like me to what i need that would be amazing!

Bumder With A Buffer
You need a thicker filter behind the Mile-ometer I reckon.

You either put the LED in the wrong way round..or didn't put a resistor inline.

LED's have a certain voltage rating...if you whip the headlight bit out and "try" and take a pic of what you did Il help further.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Il crack it out tomorrow and get a pic up tomorrow night probs about 7/8ish when i get home from work. And with the Climate control what bulbs is it? just so i can order some new ones :) Thanks for your help Richy :)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Ok got my new bulbs from crazy LED's today, put the new bulbs in the climate control which was a right battle but they didnt shine through at all. i could see from the back of the uni that the lights were on however nothing could be seen from the front! Help? lol

172 cup- suzu rf600r
they should shine through ok? have you tried at night? they aint V bright but you should be able to see it.

i think i might have removed an orange piece of plastic from inside but cant really remember now

Megane 225
I did mine, its quite dull but the screen covers most of it
P1000264.jpg

P1000265.jpg

Also did the dials and they were a ball ache!
P1000263.jpg