ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem: Fitting an Amp

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
So fitted my amp/sub like so: (sorry for the paint diagram but easier than typing it :p)
ampsf4.jpg

Thier is power from the battery and from the remote cable but the amp isnt powering up. Checked the fuses on the amp and the fuses on the battery cable and all intact so kinda confused.

Its an Alpine x001 headunit with a Mono alpine amp and alpine sub

Any ideas?

thanks
Carl

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Bad earth probably, have you definately got a voltage out of the remote wire?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
aye deff. a voltage out of the remote. Wheres the best place to earth btw?

FOR SALE!!!
were u got it is fine but have to play around get a wire brush our sum sand paper and make sure the metal is exposed i had my amp wired up there

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
on mine i had to run the earth back to the battery, couldnt get a decent earth anywhere at the rear of the car.

Ph 1 172
i got my earth by taking the rear light out. if you unscrew the little black thing and then just get a flat screw drive scrape away the layer of paint there it dont need to be neat as you will never see it!! clip the earth on to the little black thing and screw it back in place job dont one earth point

get a voltmeter, stick the 2 leads onto the + and - on your amp. check your voltage.

not sure where is best to take the earth from, but some cleaned up bodywork is adviseable.

how do you know you're getting a feed from your remote ?

to test it, i'd take a 12v feed and touch that on your remote, this should switch the amp on. (disconnect your head units remote whilst doing this).

HTH

Gordon