ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with my 172 please help anyone

hi guys and gals got a problem with my 172 its mk2 51 plate with 51k on the clock with full service history when i lift the clutch and accelerate there is a knocking from the passenger front also when i accerelate hard it does the same noise when changing gear there is also a knocking sound when on full lock but i have noticed that the turning circle on my 172 is very poor what could this be guys and how expensive could it be bloody renaults!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tube
It sounds like it could be an engine mount that may need looking at. Most of the 172's knock on full lock and have crap turning circles though.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Macca172 said:
It sounds like it could be an engine mount that may need looking at. Most of the 172's knock on full lock and have crap turning circles though.

It could well be an engine mount. It could aslo either be a gearbox mount or maybe a loose drive shaft. I can't really say on costs on rectifying any of these as prices can differ considerably depending on where you take it.

Debz XXXxxx

many thanks for that because it is out of warranty i am going to m local garage who does warranty work for bmw and citroen but he is very cheap and knows his stuff i hope it wont cost too much and dent my ideas for mods!!!!!!!11

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I would not class any of these problems as terminal (end of car) and at the worst shouldn't really cost any more than £300 MAX! Do not get disheartened, these kind of problems can happen to any car at any time, and although a pain in the butt are easily sorted. Good luck, and don't give up on those mods.

Debz XXXxxx

Clio
Hey, yeah mine was a gear box mount, well took it to reno and they said it was and at an estimate he said bout £80-90, mine dont sound that bad just weird to drive, gotta find time to put it in and have all the stuff sorted on it!

cheers guys i will let you know what the verdict is from the garage thanks again it is
going in tonight guy will let me know over next couple of days

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Engine mounts go all the time on mine- think ive changed it about 3 times now.
Normal cases are either the gearbox mount which i think is the piece which the battery sits in, its like a craddle i think, or the other is the dogsbone which is right underneath the car next to the gearlever. The gearbox mount i tend to find will cause knocking when you put your foot down and excellerate hard, where the dogsbone seems to be as soon as u pull away your feel something rubbing.