ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with sub and amp

Ok, i installed my mtx 801d and polk momo sub today. The sub is in 1cuft box mounted arse out. When i went to set it up, i can turn the gain on the head unit up full and its not any louder than my previous setup which was a legacy amp and pioneer sub! Im wondering if i need to bridge the channels as the channels are called speaker 1 and speaker 2 and I was told that as the polk is only SVC then i should attach it to the Speaker 1 terminals. I also have 4 gauge power cable ran so shouldnt be too much problem with getting power. If you have any other ideas, they are more than welcome,

Thanks,

Peter

white 197 CUP

ye the gain on the amp will be needed to be turned up, especially if it is a new one as it will be turned right down.

Ziel Nurburgring

Is the amp brigeable in the first place?

Is the amp set to low pass?

Whats the rating on the sub and amp?

silver valver/hybrid

done a bit of research, i think the amp and sub, should work well together, but i dont think you have bridged it. you are just using one channel, look on the amp by the speaker terminals, or in the manual, it should show u how to wire it correctly.

Oops, meant gain on the amplifier soz.

I thought the sub and amp should work well together as well, but its a monoblock amp and am not sure if u can bridge the channels! I was told that when you have single voice coil sub hook it to speaker 1 terminals which then show the amp 4ohm load but if i had a dual voice coil sub then i would connect the other voice coil to speaker 2 which i was then told will show the amp a 2ohm load. I cant see how this is so cause surely it only shows the amp a 2ohm load when wired in parallel and 8ohm load when in series :confused:

silver valver/hybrid

ah, didnt realise it was a mono block, yeah the guy is right, u only need to use speaker 1 terminals, cant think of anything else other than, something being incorrectly set like the low pass filter, of the fader on the h/u. speaker 2 terminals are for a seperate sub, or a DVC.

Ah rite cool, so all is wired up correctly which means its going as it should be lol. Would you be able to tell me if there would be much difference if i went for an mtx 7500 dual voice coil sub and ran the amp down to 2 ohm and used the same box and all, would it be a lot louder?

Peter