ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with the 172 already

Only picked it up tonight was running fine at first, came in the house for a few hours, when i start it up the engine does not sound at its healtist or even how it did when i picked it up, i pull away its hesitant and feels down on power, then i notice a orange light on underneath the rev counter, checking my handbook out i see it is the exhaust fume warning light

car is definatly down on power, the light is staying on but sometimes flashes on and off fast but never stays off, also the ehaust is back firing and petrol consumption is 22 mpg on average by trip

any ideas ?

Not sure mate, sound like it could be your Lamba sensor maybe.

Someone will be able to be more accurate in the morning no doubt.

Sounds about right, it would either been as smokey said the lambda (did they try replacing this first?) or the cat hence the lambda reading a fault. Would have been the second lambda sensor.