ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems fitting sidelights

G51 BEN
just bought a pair of sidelights for my clio (non RS) with the '501' fitting.
the fitting looks similar to this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-LED-SideLight-Bulbs-501-RENAULT-Clio-2001_W0QQitemZ290307311103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4397aa05ff&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50#ebayphotohosting

anyway im having problems fitting it. i cant remove the bulb itself, the only way i can disconnect it is to remove the bulb plus fitting.

its hard to explain without pics.... any help?

The bulbs just pulls out, May require a bit of wiggleing.

Then the new LED one just slots in, Sometimes needs turning around in the holder so the polarity is right to make it light up.

G51 BEN
hmm thats what i thought. the bulb itself is as long as the LED plus fitting.

ive tried pulling and wiggling and loosening etc but im having no luck :(

Im not sure what your having a problem with?

Describe it more?

Getting the bulb out? Fitting the new led bulb through the hole in the light unit?

G51 BEN
nooo i can disconnect the actual fitting so i have a bulb, connected into a metal housing, which is in turn connected to that flat metal ring that is used to keep the light in place in the headlight.

i mean the actual physical bulb itself wont come out of the metal housing.
which is, i am presuming, what needs to come out.

as i dont think the metal housing disconnects from anything. ideally need pics :(

G51 BEN
well ive got (similar to) the above bulbs and want to fit them into the fitting in the second link

You are changing the sidelight bulbs yeah? The first link is the sidelight bulbs.

The second "found one" picture looks like a high beam bulb.

Im confused now.

You want to fit 501 bulbs into a diffrent socket?

If thats what your trying to achieve i cant see it happening.

You'l need to get some pics for me to understand what your doing.

G51 BEN
yep ermm....
thanks
working.

now where my spade?

it would not surprise me if i got banned for my stupidity

G51 BEN
erm....
well in my defense the main beam IS the biggest socket there so i automagically thought it was that.

i thought my main beam was next to my headlight. how daft

Bux

Golf GTD
erm....
well in my defense the main beam IS the biggest socket there so i automagically thought it was that.

i thought my main beam was next to my headlight. how daft

You're not the only one mate :p I did that when i changed mine about a week ago.

G51 BEN
yeah in my eyes they are. but your best making sure you have similar headlights ie. white light... as they look daft without

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
I have the quad L.E.D bulbs prism i think they are, looks ok with the xennons, passenger is easy to do, the driver is harder on the 182 due to the aircon pipe, but just persist and its do-able without taking a hammer to it :)