ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems right before CSS

DCI100
Last night my car was parked up a few meters back from my mates mums drive way, she left in a rush and reversed in to my car :eek: which was pretty much mint condition on the out side.... heres the damage:

IMAG0613.gif

Its a bit late so makes it hard to see but its a failry badly damaged door, nothing else appears damaged. what are my best options (not through insurance because of the affect it has on my insurance)?

find another door of the same colour code and swap them over (needs to be mint condition though),

find a new door and have it sprayed to match but it won't be perfect...

what should i do, i need it to be as near to perfect as it can possibly be i don't want it to be noticeable in anyway as the car is in such good cosmetic condition.

*was

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheapest and easiest way for both of you is to find a door that matches and swap them over.

Should be able to pick it up for £50.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've swapped a door on a cup before now and had to get the whole side blown in as it stuck out like a sore thumb.....

Depends how fussy you are. I'm very :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
It wouldnt have any effect on your insurance if she did it as it was her fault, talk to her about it. if she is willing to pay the charge for you to get your door repaired without going through the insurance or go through her insurance to pay for it. Im presuming if she is a fair nice person then she will accept and do one or the other :)

It wouldnt have any effect on your insurance if she did it as it was her fault, talk to her about it. if she is willing to pay the charge for you to get your door repaired without going through the insurance or go through her insurance to pay for it. Im presuming if she is a fair nice person then she will accept and do one or the other :)

Wrong, his insurance will still go up for a non-fault claim, not very much, but it will go up!

It's not worth going through the insurance for just a door.

DCI100
she's my best mates mum ahhaa so she's happy to help sort it :p and yeah i'm a young driver and the car is failry expensive compared to other models already so i'd rather not go through insurance....

just need to find a door fit it and have the paint matched i guess

Renault Clio MK4 RS
oh i know about the insurance being expensive, mines a 1.2 8v and my insurance is £4400 :( i thought that the insurance didnt get effected. Mine didnt when i owned a bike and got knocked off it and claimed against someone. Might just be a difference in insurance companies :p

oh i know about the insurance being expensive, mines a 1.2 8v and my insurance is £4400 :( i thought that the insurance didnt get effected. Mine didnt when i owned a bike and got knocked off it and claimed against someone. Might just be a difference in insurance companies :p

Four thousand four hundred pounds for insuring a 1.2 8v wow :eek:

Lol what?

You actually pay that!?

DCI100
well its because if people claiming for whiplash and claims that don't really need to be done through the insurance like mine....

Has no option i suppose

DCI100
well if you're 17 and have just passed insurance is incredibly high regardless of wether or not you've crashed.

I didn't crash my car was driven in to. and personal injury fraud is the main reason for the prices in my oppinion

When I was 17 i rolled my Quiksilver down a country lane with someone elses missus in the passenger seat, i know about crashing!

£4.4k just to drive a car for a year? f**k that, get a moped.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Lol what?

You actually pay that!?

Yeah, its actually my fault why my insurance is so high! i owned a bike before a car and got caught speeding at 68 in a 40.

Took to court, 6 points on a provisional license and just got to keep my license. But because i have a job i need some form of transport and in winter a moped is just hell as when i had to travel to work on a moped i nearly died every 5-10seconds! :p ahwell learn from my mistakes!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
i have no sympathy lol

dont expect you to be sympathetic, all my own fault and got to get on with it :) one thing i found funny was, the judge who convicted me for speeding at 68 down the road. A year later hes been caught speeding at 91 down the same road at the same spot as me! Bet he will get off with a slap on the wrist! :p