ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress- Pics

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 05 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 05 April 2005I expected some negative feedback, but Lunner just took the piss that was so OTT! ah lunners just a fairy keyboard warrior who wants his rsi to be a valver so badly ;) [/QUOTE]

LOL

My car will soon be faster than a valver...wihtout the insurance price tag :p

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 05 April 2005
hahaha!!!Jokes on u lunner!;)

No joke mate....MOT specifies

"Doors
Open and close. Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items."

Think about it, you have a car crash, the cut out switch is activated, you are inside your car, bleeding to death, fire crew cant get in to get to you becasue there are no electrics......they ahve to waste valuable minutes prying/cutting the door opne to get you out, in which time yo bleed to death and dye....enjoy your deathtrap

Leon TDI

Not my cup of tea, hell, Ive just got around to putting silver visions in my 182 and that mod has taken me 8 months.....
But each to their own, enjoy your car when its all finished!

Waiting on some Angel Eyes from Carisma, they should have been out in february , i phoned other day and their still 4 weeks away!!

I like the back like that, but its just taking 2 much time, ive been driving my mums 206 for 2 months and they wont insure me for a third (no lunner im not lying). So ive got my grandads car for a few days. After that i have no transport to get to work and back.

As anyone looked at Venomcustoms.co.uk?? What you think of the extended grille.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Im sorry to say this but i learned from my first car that its absolutely pointless spending so much money on doing your car up when you have a lawnmover engine pushing it around!!

Erm my car has no handles on the doors or boot and it passed its MOT fine!!!!

And this bloke can do what i did, drive around in it for a couple of years then wack a 2l in it!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I had a 1.2 before &it was just so cheaper to buy a 172 as changing the engine is so much hassle&alot of stuff has to be changed&upgraded. But apart from that i think it will really look the part when its finished.

Good call Sam_W thats exactly whats planned! That way ive got the car i want (styling) and 2l engine.

If i got a 172 id want to do the same to that as what ive done to mine, so it willbe cheaper to do a engine conversion rather than buy a 172 and start on that!

I no theres no way i will get the money back, but its summet i wana do! And summet ill probably only do once!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

like the side skirts, will look quality when smoothed into bodywork. especially with those arches....

Not a fan of the carzone front or rear but you will be noticed...

Hope the work turns out for ya.... post the finishd article when its done.... eventually, if we still use the internet in that time :devilish:

A Euro'd one...

Im truly shocked at some of the replies. IT might not be to your taste but there is no need to sl*g off the vision and hard work thats going into this car. Personally im so glad someone else is doing a project like this as i plan to start my own Clio project soon and believe me i know everyone on this site will have kittens once its finished. That will only spurn me on the create something unique. Personally CD i would have gone for a custom kit rather then just an off the shelf Carzone one. If spending all that money why not try and make the car a bit more original?

When it comes to the engine a 1.2 is fine for now as insurance for him will be stupidly high for a 172. Just drop a 2.0l in later on. Im in the same boat mate as mines a 1.2 also.

Good luck with the project and speaking from experience have a word with the guys at the garage and explain to them that you want your car ready for shows that are starting soon. Dont scream and shout but ask them to come to a compromise. I used to work in a garage and we took the p!ss with certain cars simply becuase we knew the owner wasnt going to bug us. Whatever you do dont go to the other extreme and demand your car to be ready within a week because they will rush and mess it up.

Post some more development pics...

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

In five years time you will look back and think WTF was I doing spending £6000 making my car look w**k. Serously like I said before, I would rather burn the £6000. But hey whatever floats your boat, your money your car.

A Euro'd one...

Its not about spending £6000 its about creating the Clio in a way that you want it to be. Your ideal car. When youre young you love attention and believe me he will get more looks, more thumbs ups and girls coming up to him saying, nice car than any standard Clio (apart from the V6 obviously.)...

[Edited by $torm Rider on 07 April 2005 at 12:15pm]

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 07 April 2005

you would rather burn 6000 notes. lol ok mate if you say so eh?

What is said was Id rather burn it than spend it doing that to my car. Obviously I would rather spend the money on something more useful but if they were the only to options I would burn the money.

How much did you pay for the car? Must have been about £2500-3000?

Then £6k on filler (joke!), so around £9k has been, or will be spent. You can pick up a half decent Scooby (for example) for around £5k or £6k, and have £3000 left to insure it.

To be fair, if you have the money and its what you want to do then thats up to you. I think everyone would spend £6k in different ways, Id certainly not spend anywhere near that on bodywork, actually I wouldnt change anything, but thats me.

I wouldnt know what to get for £6k that Id want on my car!?

But, hope it all turns out the way you want it to.

in my opinion, it looks gash. but that is my opinion. I can see what its going to look like, and I dont like it.

But hey, thats me. Im older than you, and this sort of thing doesnt float my boat any more. Ive never done this sort of thing to a car, but I would have done when I was 17 if I could afford it.

If you want to spend 6k on your car to make it look like that, then fine, its completely up to you. dont listen to anyone else.

If it was me, I would not spend that much money on this car, I would either save the money till I could insure something faster, or I would buy a newer / nicer car that is still cheap to insure.

I hope your not working your way into loads of debt to fund the project though. then youd be a bit silly.

Ziel Nurburgring

Probably been spoken about already. You cant afford to insure a more powerful car, but can afford £6K on Kits etc? Even at 19 you could probably trade in your 1.2 for a few £k buy a mk1 172 and insure it.

Im sure when finished you will love it, and these cars arent to everyones taste but £6K.........do they rub their hands alot?

A Euro'd one...

Its true that 6k is a lot to spend. I know i could get the work done for a lot less than half of that but if thats what he has to spend to achieve his goal then so be it. A lot of the cars in the mags and at shows have had in excess of 10k spent on them so its quite common for so much money to be spend on modding a car...

People are saying that you can save that money and buy a better car and have enough left over for insurance but thats not necessarily true. In my case im paying £1700 fully comp on my 1.2 and yes im 21! Thats because ive had some horrendous accidents so if hes in my boat insurance on a 172 would be around £5000+ for a standard car....

Car cost me £4000 2 years ago, ive been saving up since. At 18 i started transporting prisoners (which is a good wage for a young lad living with parents) and ive just passed all the tests and medicals for the Police Force so im not getting into any debt. If i has a 172 i would want it to look like this!!!

Probably in a few years i will grow out of it, but for now im more than happy with this!!!

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 06 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 05 April 2005Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 05 April 2005I expected some negative feedback, but Lunner just took the piss that was so OTT! ah lunners just a fairy keyboard warrior who wants his rsi to be a valver so badly ;) [/QUOTE]

LOL

My car will soon be faster than a valver...wihtout the insurance price tag :p

Lol, theyre the same IG?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

The Fire Brigade couldnt care less if you have door handles or not.

Theyll just cut the roof off, or prise the door open, theyre really not arsed what they do, they will get into it.

Some serious effort gone into that!

i cant say that kit is to my liking, a few months ago i wud av got a it for mine but over time, a short period of time that is i grew out of it. ad av a kit but i wun go for an extreme one. but if thts what u wana do then do it dont let ppl put u uoff if its what u wana do so much. its obvious what u want if u bin savin up 4 it for so long.

6k is that all? ur all idiots thinkin 6k is alot my m8 wa 18 n he spunked art 5k just for a kit!! no fitting or anything!!!

Im saving up for a new car, dont see point doin ne big mods to the 1200 but im a power hungry maniac lol and will prob do very little on bodywork.

Hope the car turns out just as you want it n if they f**k it up make sure they dont stop until its sorted!! personely ad av had ago at em for the filler!!! the car will look awful in a few months time when the filler has sunk and cracked. shud av used fibrglass!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

im 29, and spunk more money than that with not much to show for it... Like i said not my kind of kit, im having a subtle one (when my new car - "if" my new car - ever turns up).....

But if you want some quality photos taking i got a load of cash sitting in camera and video equipment that i dont use .... :(

Mullins - has any more been done.... more progress pics come on.

Going through in bout alf an hour al ask patty to stick mi pics up if he will!

Your right plattsy, 6k is not that much to spend on styling theres much more that you could spend, ie bigger wheels(chrome,spinners), Lambo/suicide doors, hydrulic suspension, expensive paint.

Quote: Originally posted by Plattsy on 09 April 2005

i cant say that kit is to my liking, a few months ago i wud av got a it for mine but over time, a short period of time that is i grew out of it. ad av a kit but i wun go for an extreme one. but if thts what u wana do then do it dont let ppl put u uoff if its what u wana do so much. its obvious what u want if u bin savin up 4 it for so long.

6k is that all? ur all idiots thinkin 6k is alot my m8 wa 18 n he spunked art 5k just for a kit!! no fitting or anything!!!

Im saving up for a new car, dont see point doin ne big mods to the 1200 but im a power hungry maniac lol and will prob do very little on bodywork.

Hope the car turns out just as you want it n if they f**k it up make sure they dont stop until its sorted!! personely ad av had ago at em for the filler!!! the car will look awful in a few months time when the filler has sunk and cracked. shud av used fibrglass!

sry, i dnt undastnd txt spk

;)

Quote: Originally posted by Plattsy on 09 April 2005ad av a kit but i wun go for an extreme one

Thats my favourite bit.

[Edited by andy_leitch on 4/9/2005 9:50:54 AM]

Fiesta ST

hey man,

Thanks for the alloys again mate, they look good on my car! Hope my money is put to good use on your motor. ;)

Get some more pics up of the work... should be quite *different* I think is the word Im looking for! But hats off to ya!! I wish I had that much money. lol :)

Oh just to add my 2p worth, I know plenty of people with no door handles etc, and they all pass MOTs so dont worry bout it.

Cheers!

Nothing...

Quote: Originally posted by $torm Rider on 07 April 2005Its true that 6k is a lot to spend. I know i could get the work done for a lot less than half of that but if thats what he has to spend to achieve his goal then so be it. A lot of the cars in the mags and at shows have had in excess of 10k spent on them so its quite common for so much money to be spend on modding a car...

I agree, but this car isnt gonna get in a mag I wouldnt have thought as the kits nothing new is it?!

Good luck with the car mate hope it all turns out ok for you.

Ratty :)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

fair enough if its your thing, but it really isnt mine.

Too many cars going OTT these days, mainly jap styling, and the mk2 ph1 really doesnt suit it imo, the ph2 struggles to get away with a jap look aswell...

The bumpers have been done too many times, and really isnt anything special imo. The front on Venoms clio is nice enough though.

i agree with everyone else on the filler... not good.

The exhausts are ott imo aswell.

Not having a dig, just really not my thing.

Fair enough!!

Just gona send patty mi pics so theyll me up when he gets round to it, cheers agen!!!

Im hoping ist gunna get in a mag, seeing the standard of some of the clios in latly, it should walk in! Already been in touch with a few, and they seem interested, ive just got to ring them when its finished, the clio on venoms website was featured.

Glad you like the wheels mate, pm me a pic of ur car now!!!