ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 666

Clio 172
Seeing as I've had the car over a month now, I think it's time for the obligatory project thread:D

I bought this car off a member on here, ianeire for those that know him, who also bought the car off another member on here some time ago. Darren16v I think Ian said his name was.

d6e29c04.jpg

Ever since selling my old 172 I've wanted another, so jumped at the opportunity of owning this particular car. It came with a folder full of receipts from the day the car was bought.

Spec on the car when I bough it was:

Engine and Gearbox:
OEM airbox with ITG filter and CAF's
KTEC silenced decat
KTEC stealth
Vibratechnics upper engine and gearbox mounts
Powerflex lower torque bush

Suspension:
OEM shocks
Eibach sportline springs
Powerflex ARB bushes

Wheels and Brakes:
Speedline turini's
Ferodo ds2500's and brembo HC's up front
OEM discs and pads at the back
Goodridge brake lines

Interior:
Standard
Renault first aid kit
Renault fire extinguisher

Picked it up at the end of May, and spent the week getting used to driving a RS clio again before taking part in a bit of this...

Clio2.jpg

And a little bit of this...

DSC03193.jpg

Had an absolute blassshht!!

Ian had the car pretty well setup already, but me being me had to spend a bit of my hard earned on it to make it my own:D

So roll on my 21st birthday, and my girlfriend treated me with a Sabelt steering wheel...

41e766ae.jpg

Delighted with it, makes such a difference to driving the car, although I may look into getting a spacer to move it that little bit closer to my chest.

And finally this afternoon, a suspicous looking box arrived...

859151ab.jpg

Which housed these..

d6028583.jpg

Ktec racing coilovers, and 1.0 degree rear camber shims. Hoping I can get the time to fit them during the week.

The b*stards at ktr-sport also threw a small brochure in the box, with all the information regarding their direct to head throttle body kit, which has me doing some serious man maths:(

Sunflower 172 :)
hey looking good mate cant wait to see it progress, really need to start 1 of these for my ph1 sunflower :). hope it all goes well matey

130i Road, 172 Track
Looking good so far. Always keen to see progress updates! Photos when the coils are on :cool:

Clio 172
Well they're in, took about 2.5 hours to fit, and spent the other 1.5 hours messing with the heights. I managed to get the fronts matched to within 1/16th of an inch of each other, and the same for the rears, although it looks like the rear could do with being lowered another small bit in the pics I took.

I didn't set the camber very accurately, just used a visual marker on either side to set them the same as each other, it will do until I can get the time to have it done properly. It's not very noticable in the photos as it's only a very little amount.

I didn't get the chance to fit the rear camber shims tonight, that's another days work.

Here's some quick snaps I took on my phone.

c943ef77.jpg

48a45757.jpg

5c9a3726.jpg

3e661f56.jpg

0189e6a1.jpg

Clio 172
Haven't updated this in a while...

Got the camber and alignment set, it was miles out and probably not safe to drive...

71250e1d.jpg

The coilovers seem to have settled a bit, it's sitting nicely now. Also got my hands on the centrecaps for the turini's and a cup towing eye...

6cce7f17.jpg

Clio 172
Another order came from k-tec a week or two ago..

5257eed7.jpg

CL RC5+ pads for front and rear, with new OEM rear discs and bearings, and a centre and rear exhaust hanger.

Rear discs were as good as welded on, but sorted them with an angle grinder:D

Bit of a last minute decision, but done another trackday on Monday, have no pics of my car on track, but plenty that I took while it was parked in the paddock...

DSCF0085.gif

DSCF0082.gif

DSCF0020.gif

And one before we left in the morning...

DSCF0018.gif

Had another fantastic day out, managed a 2.14.8 on fairly w*nked road tyres, which isn't bad considering time attack cars were doing 2.10's with semi slicks:D

Going to service the car this week or next, as I'm driving through the UK and France from the 16th to the 30th. Picking up a set of Ph1 alloys when I get home, and going to get some rs2's/ao48's/888's for them. Also going to get rid of my aircon, and maybe get a fixed back bucket for the drivers side:D