ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Daily

Clio mk2
Love this car, super clean

Cheers dude! I try ;)

So this weekend.. its been cleaned again.. thats a given..!

Buuuut.. have tested and managed to fit the bike rack. Owned one for a while now and just not used it, but should hopefully be going dalby in a couple of weeks (plus the plan is to do more trails this year).
IMG_2440.jpg

Re done the lights as they were going a bit naff again, more so on the left. Pics dont do it justice, really good pice of kit the 3M.
Before.
IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

During.

IMG_2443.jpg

After

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

Bit of a slope = bit close. Think its dropped around 60-70mm and did want to go lower eventually but it could soon get impractical.
IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

Clio mk2
Forgot to add...

Had a minor incident today with a c*nt on a ped. If he got any closer he might aswell been under my wheels. Decided to cut me up when overtaking in the 30 zone and then stop later on and thurl some abuse. Then caught him going through a red light.. I really hate everyone on the roads.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-05%20at%2016.34.51.png

Im the feeling the Clio 200 love. I've test drive about 3 or 4 now just because lol Last time I test drove one I ended up buying a Twingo 133. I will deffo own one at some point when I can justify the cost/benefit over the 172.

Please put the sport kit on your car btw. The gay front bumper is annoying me :D

Clio mk2
Im the feeling the Clio 200 love. I've test drive about 3 or 4 now just because lol Last time I test drove one I ended up buying a Twingo 133. I will deffo own one at some point when I can justify the cost/benefit over the 172.

Please put the sport kit on your car btw. The gay front bumper is annoying me :D

Haha I daren't test drive one as I know I'll just want one more [emoji85] a 172 would be on my radar next though.

It could be a while. Still have to source a new bonnet, front arch liners and fog surrounds as well as tidying up a few bits on the sport bumper. Can't afford it just yet either unfortunately. It's a bit by bit project!

1.2 clio dynamique
Lovely car mate. I have a 1.2 I'm hoping to do similar mods too. The color coded front bumper insert looks awesome. Will definetly be getting this done

Clio mk2
Lovely car mate. I have a 1.2 I'm hoping to do similar mods too. The color coded front bumper insert looks awesome. Will definetly be getting this done

Thanks pal. If you can, get the side strips and back bit done aswell as it smartens it up 100%. The plastics make it look naff.

1.2 clio dynamique
Mines is pearl black aswell mate. I've got the spoiler door handles and sidestrips already. Needing silver bullets and the front and rear bumper insert and a sport grille.

Clio mk2
Thought I'd give a quick update although nothing much to report lately. But...

Now slowly aquiring items to fit. Eventually!
- New fog surrounds to fit the 172 bumper
- Bonnet
- Arch liners/splash guards for the 172 again

Give it a couple of months of saving up and she'll be back off to the bodyshop.

Also purchased Trax tickets so will probably see some of you there.

Clio mk2
Trax prepped. Annoying as hell nowhere near finished but hey ho. Off to the bodyshop next week to book her in...!

IMG_2995.jpg

300 mile ish trip done this weekend for Birmingham and Trax. Car ran perfect. Now go to work this morning and there's a weird 'whining' sound coming from somewhere. Fark :neutral:

19857486902_081ddfc9ac_b.jpg
@ trax by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr
Saw your car there mate, didn't get to say hi but it looked great! [emoji106] shame about the whine

Clio mk2
Picked her up today. Cost more than intended, they have missed a few bits I wanted them to do, spacers are desperately needed/splitter fitting... but lav itttt..
+ some fabric for the inetrior arrived today.

iPhone pics dont do it justice at all.

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

Next up.

Service. Bleh.

Clio mk2
looks good buddy, those wheels could do with coming out abit though :)
Cheers dude.
Yeah defiantly. I knew the 172 arches were wider so held out until this was fitted. Gonna have a measure Sunday and see what I'll need.

Only just realised they've missed the drums and callipers. Back it goes next week [emoji58] bumper and near side light doesn't quite line up either so while it's there they can tweak that aswell.

172 + 350z
I have gone 25mm on the front with my turini to match up with the arch on my dci. Depends on your wheels though

Clio mk2
I have gone 25mm on the front with my turini to match up with the arch on my dci. Depends on your wheels though

Yeah from a quick measure seems like 25mm Front 20mm Back.

Planned to go to USC today but with the sound becoming slowly louder (thinking wheel bearing) decided against that trip lol.

Fitted the splitter and re-furbed the headlights properly today with a quick wash ready for a better clean tomorow. Interior can stay mucky until its back/finished from the garages.

I finally love the front.

"Helping"
IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

Clio mk2
After going back to the bodyshop to fix the problems... http://www.cliosport.net/threads/recent-re-spray-swirl-marks-scratches-in-paint.779416/

...all is... reasonably well!
So.. the work that was done for anyone bothering to read this :tongueout::
Sport front & smoothed numberplate recess.
Arches.
Skirts.
Spoiler.
Calipers & Drums.
Mist Jets.
New bonnet.
Fog light surrounds (one has been done properly..)
Grille.

Velcro pads on the back. Took off the sticky pads as they were naff. See how these hold up.

IMG_3066.jpg

Next week service & spacers.
IMG_3070.jpg

Picture whoring.
20279799669_93049ca831_c.jpg
Clio 5 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

20278392618_cc51bb0bfe_c.jpg
Clio 4 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Clio mk2
Does look smart [emoji41] Maybe black xenon? Stealth [emoji87]
Just seen you've refurbed them, maybe it's because they're the grey ones, black ones make such a difference!

I had wondered with xenons! Don't know much about them (wiring etc) but if they have the black inserts, very tempted.

Yeah the grey looks a bit pants now everything is now black! Refurbing them has helped but was deffo going to get some with the black inserts next year. Good to know they do make a difference :)

Awesome project dude. Wish I had the time/patience to care for my car as much as you do.

Thanks fella :)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
That's true! Everything being black has brought out the grey headlights! Didn't notice it before the new bumpers etc, strange.

If you can find a decent set of black insert headlights it would be worth it Imo, look at mine, that has black inserts, looks a lot shinier for some reason, the headlights I mean.

And for the xenons, as long as they're all complete with ballasts etc I'm under the impressions it's a straight swap! Plug in and play

Very impressed with how's this is looking though mate little touches will bring it over that line though, spacers, black headlights! Looking smart though

Clio mk2
Service done + new wheel bearing for the NS back. Fixed the 'whining' sound.

Lowered more on the front (only a tad) and spacers on too.
25mm front.
20mm back.

They are rubbing on the back so gonna need the camber shims putting on to try and help, think they're -1.5. Bit of a bummer as they're cutting into the tyre a reasonable amount already. Putting a load of tape under the arch this week and bodge jobbing it before I can take it back in! The stance on it is far better tho now. But I kind of miss the tuck from the front as I now realise how small 15s look under the sport wings :weary:. Maybe 16s with a lower offset and some small stretch for next year...

back%20stance%20after%20spacers.jpg

bleh.jpg

wheel%20difference.jpg

wheel%20difference%203.jpg

Also just ordered way too much from cleanyourcar. F credit cards.

Whoring again..
20791016986_2a9ae26e26_c.jpg
Clio mk2 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Clio mk2
Been a while. Slowly building up bits and pieces (and working OT to buy sh*t). Next day or so will post up the massive cleaning sesh I did this weekend with some new bits 'n pieces.

Did 300 ish miles the other weekend going round Haydon bridge area/Hadrian's wall. Just about managed the hills with the little engine and a boot full:sweatsmile: Poor thing. Deffo need some wheel/arch work on the back as scrapes a lot of with some weight in the back.

For now, some washer blanks and black insert lights I've purchased (to be fitted at a later date), and a random pic.

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

22764599226_3796c694ce_c.jpg
Clio 6 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr