ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Daily

Clio mk2
Grab handle in. Awful getting that back in. Had to cut down the clips on the end for it to finally go back.

And both visors. Had to reglue both. May have to do again at a later point due to the heat.

And finally fitted both handles that I sprayed a year or so ago..

Clio mk2
Lock cap added. Came as satin black so sprayed it to gloss. Ignore the dirt. Plz.

Manky gear stick sorted. Ford Purple Velvet.

Clio mk2
New brake pads and water pump just fitted. Also had the garage to look at the coilovers and give them a refresh. Unfortunately, the front ones are seized. Could possibly be fixed up as have heard coke etc is good to get rid of all the corrosion and muck, but don't have the time or knowledge of dropping suspension out, so it'll be staying as is.

Swapped back to the rotas as going to be doing a lot more mileage soon. Whistlers are for sale if anyone is interested...
Also had a full alignment too as the garage mucked up putting everything back together so front wheels were at different offsets. No idea on the tech aspect of it all. One wheel was way out compared to the other. Knew the rotas tucked in a lot more but the wrong one looked better, so went with that. Fills the arches way better now as the sport ones on the non sports are huge.
So, not a bad freebie. Rides a lot nicer now as well. Had the back dropped a further 10mm too.

Stuck the sticker plate on as well. Have kept the original plate in the back in case. Mucked up putting it on so has a few bubbles and a tear but you can only tell when up close and cba spending the money for another yet. Wasn't a fan where the plate was sitting in front of the radiator due to the smoothed front. Especially with the temperature atm.

20180629_124426.jpg

20180629_130737.jpg

20180717_210400.jpg

Clio mk2
A couple of bits and bobs done since summer >

Repaired leaky washer bottle.
Arch liner fitted onto the NSF after the last one shredded itself.
Heat shield removed as was mangled.
New Bosch wiper blades.
Also got some new bulbs for the dipped lights but have yet to fit them.

Have been looking for a 182 for a couple of months now so starting to put an advert together for this. Not 100% sure what parts I'll be swapping over yet. A lot of audio upgrades in this which I'll miss badly ?

Some pics from the Lakes in Autumn this year.
46636031191_2265c168c3_b.jpg
The Lake District - Clio by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

45721361955_5c7e5a84b3_b.jpg
The Lake District - Clio by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

45721336115_d77a9d750d_b.jpg
Ullswater - Clio by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

32761529438_cd3dfd7b9f_b.jpg
Ullswater - Clio by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Clio mk2
Time has come to an end with this (I think) as now purchased an inferno 182. Not quite sure atm whether to strip it, break it, scrap it or do some work on it and put it through its MOT. Be sad to completely break the thing but doubt I'll be getting much for it as it's a non sport. Tonne of stuff I could transfer though to the new car.

Still comes up well :(
20190222_142315.jpg

and the 182. Time to start on this soon! For now, its probably a service/couple of bits and to change the front seats asap as the R100s are shite on my back.
20190330_163055.jpg

Clio mk2
Still have this, unfortunately, but finally giving it a good wash this weekend and finally putting it up for sale. Weather better hold off.

Firstly it decided to have a misfire straight after the MOT, took a while for them to diagnose it, in the end was a Lamda sensor. And then the OSF brake started sticking. Typical.
Swapped a few bits from it to the 182 but leaving most for the new owner. If i could I'd like to keep her as a daily to work, keep doing bits and pieces to properly finish the project, but I don't have the space for her atm and could do with the cash as planning to travel again.

Pics from a clean a couple of months ago.