ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Daily

Clio mk2
Will send me a link of the fabric ur using as mines black and want a closer oem colour for the roof

Colour im using atm
fa716b3ce8f7b26d995f16199dbdd071.jpg

Looks like the same stuff I'm using. It's a shade darker than the oem bits as they're more a dark charcoal. Did you manage to do the surround with one piece, no stitching? I've removed it but can't see how it's possible as the fabric will warp too much round the corners :( Also figured out how to the top bit on the handbrake ?? :weary: I've done the bottom part today but that's a no go haha!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIRE-RETA...hash=item3f48e6f724:m:m7SULBnXgEdv9hNzvodAhUA

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
@Sii. The back bit i have ad to do a cut on the edges but its on a edge so looks fine takes alot of streching to do the front part.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Clio mk2
Sample of fabric ordered from the bay today. Slighlty thicker than the stuff I'm using as I'm pretty sure it'll be hell to do as really thin.

Trimmed the bottom part of the handbrake. Took 4 parts of plastic trim either side of the seats at the front to do aswell. Plus few more bits removed ready for the bodyshop. Interior is bare as hell. And gave a good vacuum inside.
image_1.jpg

Clio mk2
Spent today cleaning her up ready for modnats on Sunday.
27081999982_c56f470422_b.jpg
Clio by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Sprayed these bits on the wipers hiding the nuts. Half tempted to see if the bodyshop can do anything with that piece of plastic across the car, or to get it dipped, as does look a bit pants.
IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

And the footrest/mat clip.
IMG_4266.jpg

looks good man!
the plastic you can remove. wiper puller or ball joint splitter on the wiper arms and pull them off, then it clips off. I took mine and satin blacked it out, as it was going grey!

also the whistlers look insane! :hearteyes:

Clio mk2
looks good man!
the plastic you can remove. wiper puller or ball joint splitter on the wiper arms and pull them off, then it clips off. I took mine and satin blacked it out, as it was going grey!

also the whistlers look insane! :hearteyes:

Cheers bud. Yeah had a word with them and it's possible to do, but apparently easier to source one that hasn't had any 'treaments' applied before as wont work as well. So scrapyard it is oneday.

Haha yeah pretty pleased with them :) Bit different!

Spacers back on the front, probs should have stuck 20mm on but hey ho. It's also in the bodyshop this week for exterior bits. Well... a smuch as they can do. Then back in next week for bits.

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

Also got a couple of free fabric paint spray bottles from SimplySpray to test out on some fabrics in the car e.g. parcel shelf/boot compartment so will test this soon, probably monday..

Clio mk2
So a quick summary of last week's work carried out.

Colour coded lower grill.
CC splitter - tidied it up slightly as wasn't put on quite right.
New front headlights fitted.
CC washer blanks/fitted.
Smoothed/resprayed back bumper panel/debadged.
Rear wiper removal/smoothed blank.

Some more being done next 2 days/polishing off bits sprayed. Have cancelled a few bits I had planned as everything won't get done before French Car Show. Might do it a later date if I still have her.

Now for the bad bit, doh. Coming home from Nationals I hit a big dip in the motorway followed by a bit of a noise and scraping of tyres on the back. This soon developed in play in the steering and wandering wheels at the front. It wasn't particluary great driving so sat in the nearest service station and waited for the breakdown truck. Soon found out that both front wheel bearings seem to have play and guessing the alignment/tracking is now fk'd. Then also found out the car is a tad too low for their truck and then 'rescuemycar' voided my breakdown for being modified. Unfortunately when I signed up I didn't see any sections having to declare anything but they do label now on their website stating that it has to be before buying a package. Brill. Should have realised looked back but hey ho.
So in the end I waited a while and limped it home. Tbf it's not too bad, just leans one way now and then but wouldn't be fun 60+ for a long while. To top it off then hit a pothole going home, which has seemed to aggravate the problem, very near my house so the council are going to be hearing about this one shortly.
Now booked in for a service / alignment Friday morning. And I'm supposed to be going down to FCS friday afternoon so erm... we'll see lol. Fingers crossed.

Least it's still photogenic right..? Got a tan too. Was a nice evening. 😅
IMG_4291.jpg

Pothole!
IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

Pacel shelf sprayed with some fabric dye - link @ https://www.fabricspray.co.uk/ (I reckon if you want to get something mention that you've been linked from here and I bet you'd get some discount :smile:)

It's not quite as soft as before but has come up quite well. Will be testing it on the boot bits, see how it gets on with that. Also see they have leather sprays so has given me a few ideas :up:

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

Clio mk2
Didnt get to go FCS in the end as the service/work took longer than anticiparted. Bit annoying like.

Anyway... Service done+alignment.
Few more bits done by the bodyshop. Colour coded washer jets + aerial + base. Arch lips rolled and filled. No more rubbing on the back now.

Few more small bits to pick up next week or so, from the bodyshop, for the interior.

Seeing as got a bit time now this weekend finally started fitting bits back in, de-bobbled the seats and a vacuum.
Bought some other material for the headliner, with a bit of colour! Love it. Bit thicker than the black stuff I've used which made it a fair bit easier but even then... still a b**ch. + done the side parts of the seats.

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

Given the parcel shelf one final coat of the fabric spray and stuck the 2 sprayed bung bits back on it. Couple of marks on them are just water smears.
IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

Couple more bits for tomorrow to fit such as the foot rest, mat clip, sports mats going back in, back interior panels and the below/visors. These bung style clips were an actual c*nt to get off and so far..and actual c*nt to go back in. Should be fun :rage:
IMG_4322.jpg

Just read this thread from the start to finish............... all I can say is, WOW! :eek:penmouth:
The difference between those first photos on page one and now is like night and day, the car is a credit to you chap :up:
After all the work you've put in making it a one off, i'd find it VERY difficult to sell it now lol!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Didnt get to go FCS in the end as the service/work took longer than anticiparted. Bit annoying like.

Anyway... Service done+alignment.
Few more bits done by the bodyshop. Colour coded washer jets + aerial + base. Arch lips rolled and filled. No more rubbing on the back now.

Few more small bits to pick up next week or so, from the bodyshop, for the interior.

Seeing as got a bit time now this weekend finally started fitting bits back in, de-bobbled the seats and a vacuum.
Bought some other material for the headliner, with a bit of colour! Love it. Bit thicker than the black stuff I've used which made it a fair bit easier but even then... still a b**ch. + done the side parts of the seats.

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

Given the parcel shelf one final coat of the fabric spray and stuck the 2 sprayed bung bits back on it. Couple of marks on them are just water smears.
IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

Couple more bits for tomorrow to fit such as the foot rest, mat clip, sports mats going back in, back interior panels and the below/visors. These bung style clips were an actual c*nt to get off and so far..and actual c*nt to go back in. Should be fun :rage:
IMG_4322.jpg
What size fabric did you use for the roof lining? I sizeing up my next order.

Clio mk2
Just read this thread from the start to finish............... all I can say is, WOW! :eek:penmouth:
The difference between those first photos on page one and now is like night and day, the car is a credit to you chap :up:
After all the work you've put in making it a one off, i'd find it VERY difficult to sell it now lol!

Thanks, means a lot :) I've decided it's going nowhere this year, plus it's shortly coming upto the cambelt/timing belt change so doesn't seem worth it.

You doing any more purple?
Maybe a few small bits ;)

Clio mk2
Love this, attention to detail is insane

Half tempted to give my interior a freshen up with the suede/alcantara material but I don't think I'd have to patience

Cheers bud! It's a tad time consuming but the end result is defo worth it! Although it becomes one thing after another 😅

What size fabric did you use for the roof lining? I sizeing up my next order.
Headliner was 1mm thick. MUCH easier than the cheaper thin black material I've got.

Gonna look into doing some of this suede stuff myself, so will have a look around on eBay I assume is the best place to get it?

Also, do you think it would be possible to do the Dash in it? Would make a change from a flocked one

Clio mk2
Gonna look into doing some of this suede stuff myself, so will have a look around on eBay I assume is the best place to get it?

Also, do you think it would be possible to do the Dash in it? Would make a change from a flocked one

Yeah that's where I got mine. local fabric shops will have suitable bits too.

It can be done, but would be a more of an experienced/professional job I think. I'm not a huge fan of flocked stuff so did wonder myself. Seen a few show cars with it and it does look ace. Just requires stitching in places which I've yet to try!

Clio mk2
So she did Goodwood this weekend. Fair ol' journey. Was around 600 miles over 4 days which is the most it's ever done. Amazing show, really really good. New clio and meganne look awesome, 30K is a bit out the price range though lol 😅 Will deffo go again, maybe in a few years.

Only one issue, fs. Decided not to start the saturday morning. Turned over but just wouldn't start. Hour later, gave it a shake when trying and it started up.. it's also sounded a bit odd a couple more times over the trip when starting up so wondering if the starter motor is a bit unhappy. Bar that and hitting the sills on the planks at goodwood all ok! Oh and the exhaust slighlty moved so was rubbing/vibrating against the bodywork, guessed a bump must have knocked it a tad. Now back in position!

Gopro pic, some practising to do with this and the settings.
GOPR0684-0002.jpg

So cambelt coming very shortly as its just under 72k. Still havent picked the interior bits from the garage so might get chance one night this week before the saturday. And I still havent been able to properly fit the visors as I cant get the clips in... they're a nightmare!

And CS on saturday.. needs a major clean 😞 hope to see some of you there! Literally know no-one lol.

Clio mk2
Prep done for tomorrow. Sort of. Decided to piss it down half way through.

Popping to the garage in the morn to see if they're open and grab the interior bits, if they have Ill be fitting them at Blyton :grimacing:
27947257461_6f19aa7947_b.jpg
Clio by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Clio mk2
Aerial and base cc'd.
IMG_4486.jpg

Inside buttons cc'd.
IMG_4481.jpg

Whatever you call this cc'd. Guessed the theme yet..
IMG_4480.jpg

Speaker covers cc'd.
IMG_4479.jpg

3rd seat bit cc'd.
IMG_4478.jpg

Grab handle cc'd.
IMG_4477.jpg

Erm..and these bits..
IMG_4476.jpg

Just need to fit the grab handle/visors. Absolute arses.

And a piccy from a warehouse near Blyton.

27953221342_2f10ed2936_b.jpg
Clio Warehouse 1 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Clio mk2
Just ticked over 70k miles so time for cambelt/water pump.

Not starting very well lately, well... didnt even start tonight after work for a while. Had to roll it forward and pump the accel and finally spluttered into action with the added enjoyment of the engine light on. So errr not sure about that one. Ill get them to have a look when its in. Lets just hope it's a nice and cheap fix like spark plugs 😅

Tax is also due end of this month. Expensive few weeks!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just ticked over 70k miles so time for cambelt/water pump.

Not starting very well lately, well... didnt even start tonight after work for a while. Had to roll it forward and pump the accel and finally spluttered into action with the added enjoyment of the engine light on. So errr not sure about that one. Ill get them to have a look when its in. Lets just hope it's a nice and cheap fix like spark plugs 😅

Tax is also due end of this month. Expensive few weeks!
Mine had been doing the same this last week. Doesn't like starting first time. I'm going to go the scenic route home this morning to give it a blow out. I'll probably be reporting it as dead tomorrow [emoji38]

Clio mk2
It's been a while.
All been good since the MOT - did have new crank shaft/temp sensors fitted whilst in was in.
Not quite sure what I'll be doing with it this year as I'm leaving in May to travel Europe, then hopefully onto Asia to teach so it's going to need a new home. Tis possible I may be able to store it somewhere as don't particaulry want to get rid as it isn't finished yet in my eyes.

3 pics from halloween.
30242004060_c81fef6e87_b.jpg
Devil Clio - Halloween 3 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr
29909727584_b18f2cba2d_b.jpg
Devil Clio - Halloween 2 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr
29909706644_25c4a14e7a_b.jpg
Devil Clio - Halloween 1 by Simon Hubbert, on Flickr

Clio mk2
Went through the MOT the other day. All good. Just the headlight bulbs were way off in alignment so techncially failed then sailed back through.
Drivers side front tyre is losing pressure each week, has been checked but couldn''t find a puncture or anywhere where air is escaping. Needs to be sorted though really before i vamoose as goes from 36psi to 20 in a week.

Clio mk2
Now back with the clio after travelling.
MOT and full service done.
Few niggles here and there as was stored for about 9 and a half months (horn not working, faulty abs sensor, osf brake siezed). Only moved around a couple of times by my dad and the clio started first time without hesitation.

2 bits to sort asap.
Windscreen water pump may have just packed up as that isn't working now (fuse is ok).
OSF arch liner to buy as the bottom part shredded last year coming home once. Never had chance to buy another before I left.