ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Hybrid

Clio 1.8 16v - 2.0 Conv
Yeah agreed on the beam removal. Was those nuts on the thread for me as I could only get 1/4 time turns. Took too long. Dead arms.com job.

Probably just gonna go 432 on the bay colour tbh. COuldnt possibly imagine it looking good in any other colour than that.

Mk1 F4R
cool should look good my bay ive just samded it all down antirust paint everywhere and then 3 coats of black hammerite with naples red on the struts and bulk head
i know wot you mean about the rear beam

Clio 1.8 16v - 2.0 Conv
Day 21

Finished off the beam today. Coloured those end caps up in silver hammerite and 2nd coat of black hammerite brush on, on the actual beam.

Not a perfect finish, but where do you draw the line. Almost tempted to do them again. In an ideal world should have sent the ends off to be chemically cleaned for the perfect finish, but cleaned them up best i could. Spent 3 hours cleaning them up this morning before spraying. Again though the rust has set in too badly to get them perfectly clean. Still a few cling-ons of rusty bits!! :eek: :D :p :(

Improvement on what they were though

endcaps.jpg

beamcomplete.jpg

beamcomplete1.jpg

beamcomplete2.jpg

beamcomplete3.jpg

Clio 1.8 16v - 2.0 Conv
Also picked these up Friday night. :eek:

172 widetrack bits almost collected. Just need to find a willy/19 16v ARB now.

So bits to get now are;

willy rack
poly bushes
willy ARB
trackrod ends

172wishbones.jpg

None :(
Only read this for the first time tonight. WOW what a cool thread!

Keep up the good work. For someone like me, im finding this really interesting :)

Mk1 F4R
Wot are those wishbones off they look like valver ones, you need 172 wishbones for the widetrack. The difference is were the arb goes on, the arb on the valver it screws in the end and the willyams arb has clasp on the end, do you know wot you need to finish the widetrack off and wot need to be mashining down

Clio 1.8 16v - 2.0 Conv
Hi mate, calling renault tomorrow for some bits, so will check part codes, but 100% theyre 172 wishbones as far as i know. They have the strenghtening plates and hole to match on wishbones itself, which the valver doesnt have.

Yup, i know about 2mm either side needs to come off the hubs. Ill offer them up when i get my coilies to get correct amount.

Parts needed for widetrack completion off top of my head:

willy arb
poly bushes
willy rack

Do you know where I can get any piston rings for F7R pistons???

Clio 1.8 16v - 2.0 Conv
Although they seem to also be from a kangoo looking at the part number. But theyre given as the same part number, clio/kangoo. The only difference seems to be the strenghtening plate part with the extra hole.

Clio 1.8 16v - 2.0 Conv
Yes, I can see now mate. Theres a plate where the hooks through on your pic?

There isnt one on these wishbones, so I dont see how they can fit now.

Ill call renault tomorrow to confirm.

Legend on the rings! Cheers!

Lol!

Yeah, they are just round plates with a hook that go through the wishbone, round the bush then have a bolt through the wishbone on the other end. Out of the 1000's of pics ive got, I havent a single one of the wishbone/ARB from underneath lol :(