ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project KAllardo.

A decade ago i passed my test. My aunty let me drive her KA. Built in 1997, this 1.3 pushrod rattling beast was mine, i thought i was f**king mint.

She shares her car with her partner now and offered me the KA back, ten years after i had it, this is the car that i drove to london at 17 and blew up, the car i used to smash the student populace of west manchester in, it has no power steering, stinks of mould and after a long journey tends to steam, but i love it.

Question is now, what to do to it, i dont like standard, banded steelies, one bucket and coilys maybe. nothing expensive. but i do want to give it an individual touch.

I do not care for 'scrap it' comments as it deserves more, I've seen a full FIA rollcages available but i have enough modified tatt for now, i just want it to look mildly acceptable and perform its task as a nice daily runner whilst i leave the meg for the winter and get its new parts sorted..

All jokes aside I drove it to coventry on monday and back tuesday and it didnt miss a beat at 85 all the way, bar nearly flipping in the wind at stafford. It went to BTM on tuesday and fred wouldnt even look at it such is the fear the machine strikes into peoples eyes.

Ive bid on some new KA wheels on ebay and want to retrofit a ford CD player, suppose i best check oils too. oh and i perused the KA owners club t'other night and noticed you can get plasma dials... well let me tell you now, i want that s**t in my life. I really need to sort drivers seat out too as its like driving on a chaise long.

(its been a tough year dont laugh)

299970_10150874339235422_505560421_21112807_1540403570_n.jpg

Cost so far: 0
Mods carried out: Rear KA badge removal

Colour code. DIY.
Clear lenses up front.
Some old school Ford alloys.
Drop it like it's hot.
Then make a Yozzasport fit.

SG9 Forester STi
Subscribed for the KAlolz :)

I think it's quite cool that you've got your first car back, make it into something cool. Unlike the guy that drives one near me and has an electric dump valve on it.

they hactually made one?

the engine in it now is comical, i say that its decent off the line.

im running a free car to keep my prized megane in storage, DO NOT compare me to lbrench, i for one can control my weight.

M135i and the shed
Jack it up, skinny studded winter tyres, rally mud/snow flaps and defeat all once the snow arrives. Make it so.

If it's going to be a winter hack you might aswell kit it out like one. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jack it up, skinny studded winter tyres, rally mud/snow flaps and defeat all once the snow arrives. Make it so.

If it's going to be a winter hack you might aswell kit it out like one. :)

I love that idea. Although it would need to start first to get onto the snow.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Speak to Stunty on here for KA info, he was the one who started the KA club back in the day.

Also Ollie with the Silver Cup on here had a nice KA before the cup.

RX7 FD
Nice to find someone else that had a KA as a first car. I actually really enjoyed driving mine and gave it absolute hell!

When it decided to get up close and personal with a Micra it also came off better!

Been looking for a first car for my sister and came across a Sport KA for about £1300...was sorely tempted. Gogo rally styles :clap:

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah the engine had no top end, and I had problems gallore!!! Now if they'd put the zetec s engine in that would've been awesome!!