ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Retro JDM - Eunos Roadster

More poke than viagr
Right, back again for my 3rd project car.

Decided to go for an oldskool JDM theme, as thats what this car is all about!

Car is a 1991 Mk1 Mazda Eunos Roadster.....J-Ltd version :cool:

From the advert for the car, assumed that it was pretty much standard (excpet the gay wheels) but found out yesterday that it is fitted with Bilstein suspension all round.....shortly be for sale though to fund coilvoers :rasp:

DSCF4006.jpg

DSCF4004.jpg

DSCF4003.jpg

DSCF4001.jpg

DSCF4002.jpg

More poke than viagr
Originally planned on getting either some Rota Grid V's or the new Rota BM8.....however ive had a change of heart, and decided that i want to do this properly and not get another set of fake wheels.

....so ive just bought these:

advanwheels.jpg

Set of Advan a3a's. 14"x7 ET 0.....and with adaptors this will become ET -16 lol.

Unsure what colour to re furb them in....want to keep the silver dishes, but only if they are in good condition. Have been thinking of satin black with bronze detailing (bronze bits instead of red bits on the wheels above)

Kinda like these:

three6.jpg

three12.jpg
three12.jpg

tumblr_kwijkxSehJ1qarrb2o1_500.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
ahhhh i was waiting for this thread.

cant wait to see what happens to it, great base to start with !

good luck!

More poke than viagr
But before i can fit these wheels, im just going to spray my current wheels satin black....as it looks less gay than silver.

This means that the old steelies from the clio are coming out temporarily! The red clashed with the yellow, so decided to spruce them up a bit and spray them O So JDM Bronze ;) ................(actually Ford Roman Bronze from halfords ;)

261277_10150669969685501_513735500_19390809_3552111_n.jpg

268156_10150669968370501_513735500_19390799_1522954_n.jpg

Also got a sleepy eye kit from ebay and fitted it :)

DSCF4261.jpg

DSCF4262.jpg

And thought about fitting some Autostrada Monza's out of my wheel collection:

autostradamonza.jpg

autostradamonza2.jpg

However, 17's just looked way to big :(

DSCF4255.jpg

DSCF4254.jpg

More poke than viagr
So plans are to keep this clean, retro JDM. Got lots of plans, and know exactly how i want it to look, but ive got to sell the scooby before i can start doing this properly! Nothing else will be happening until the old girl has sold :'(

Plans are:
Fit advan wheels
Replace gay chrome bar with a proper rollcage
coilovers, but not rediculously low
Hardtop
Ducktail spoiler (subtle)
Exhaust system....maybe boso style, maybe just an aftermarket jobby
Bride seats maybe, depending on money!
Harnesses, would love Takata but maybe just settle with generic green ones for now lol
Garage Vary front lip

Like i said, i dont want to go too extreme, i dont want massive arches, a rediculously loud exhaust or to be scraping on everything, because i think its too nice a car to ruin! It drives so well that i dont want to spoil it!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I, like Adam, have been waiting for this thread. Looking forward to see where it goes, really like those wheels (the one's you're going to put on in the end)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I wonder how many sets of wheels you'll go through before your next magazine feature, I thinking about 6.;)

I keep an eye on this thread and reserve judgement untill it's finished, as disliking elements of your cars is pointless,
as they probably won't be on it when your done.

Be good to see where this goes, as the Subaru looks spot on.

Last edited:
  More poke than viagr
Yeah, i dont normally like 3 spoke wheels, but these just look so JDM! lol

Havnt started this already because i cant really do anything until the scooby sells :( Most parts have sold from it, wheels (swapped them for the monza's shown above), coilovers (car left with seized D2 jobbies), loud exhaust, STI brakes, induction kit, interior....

From
5807449365_7fa177af96_z.jpg

5808044685_24a4a03cef_z.jpg

To
DSCF4181.jpg

DSCF4183.jpg

Makes me want to cry :'(

More poke than viagr
Forgot about my wooden Nardi steering wheel....which doesnt fit the mx5 yet, so its in the scooby for now lol. Can just see it in the last pics^^^

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the plans dude. I think the Advans are actually class mate could have picked much worse wheels.

I'm sure this will turn out well mate! :D

Looking forward to see how this turns out. I've no doubt there will be a few questionable bits along the the way like your other projects have had *cough scooby wing cough* but they always look good in the end!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
please remove the tow eye from the back... they are so gay when the universal jobbies are used and stick out like a dogs lipstick....

oh and be brave and do a rear bumper chop!

More poke than viagr
please remove the tow eye from the back... they are so gay when the universal jobbies are used and stick out like a dogs lipstick....

Its already been removed :rasp: Just put it on when i took it off the scooby to see what it would look like. Ive bought a bronze Benen tow hook from america (cos it was £20 including shipping) But dont know weather ill fit it yet.

Another thing to add, 12x6 JDM plates and a front bumper relocation bracket ;)

Definatly ;)

Ibiza SC
I would actually have sex with that scoob, it's pure p**n!

Looking forward to seeing how this project develops, hopefully we won't be waiting too long until the nect picture update ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Advans are awsome.

How much do you want for the Monza's? Offsets and widths pwease?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

My friends...

Not sure on the bumper or the wheels. He wants to follow his own style though.

mx51q.jpg

mx52v.jpg

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol waitey thats a bit hardcore lol!!!

i like this one :)

photos30052010013.jpg

guy off fduk owns it... corns mx5 :)

Homo spec mazda
Hes on nutz too, has had like 40 roadsters, that corns is epic, loving the rear bumper on waiteys mates, proper hardcore.

Only thing stopping me doing a bumper chop is all the rusty arms will be on show, so until theyre done, no point really.

CBR1K, F21 125D
That CORN*S has too many styles going on. Still looks OK mind.

The rear bumper / diffuser is a Garage vary item, I have one in my shed if anyone wants it (collection only - PM me) £350

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
That CORN*S has too many styles going on. Still looks OK mind.

The rear bumper / diffuser is a Garage vary item, I have one in my shed if anyone wants it (collection only - PM me) £350

corns is different now to how it was in that pic and sofaboy yeh the guy is a bit strange a couple weeks back he had 5 cars that he owned and said he needed to sell them cos his wife was going mad... he sold 2 and then went out and got 3 more!

Homo spec mazda
He has bad issues with buying roadsters, his FD is nice, last i heard he was looking at an auto import to convert to manual. :|

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, really like to scoob and the various stages it went through

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
I will be getting one of these after I decide to break away from the Clio and do the same. I will be watching this thread with a keen eye.

More poke than viagr
Right not much happened so far still.

Ended up having a bit of an incident with a curb whilst drifting in the rain lmao! Almost bent the lower wishbone in half!! But bought another one off ebay for £27 and got it fitted within an hour so wasnt too bad :)

Got my Advans through about a week or so ago and have been refurbing them since. Tryed polishing the faces but that didnt really work, so ended up spraying the faces Volkswagon Diamond silver. They look really nice actually, really nice bright metallic silver. Then detailed the accents with some metallic gold to match the rear tow hook :) Love the colour combo. Also had to re paint the "Advan Racing" lettering with a black paint pen.

Some pics of the various stages of the refurb:

Before gold accents and black writing:

P7130108.jpg

With gold accents done

P7130109.jpg

P7130110.jpg

Lovely gold bolts! :D

P7130111.jpg

P7130112.jpg

All back together again

P7140118.jpg

P7130115.jpg

P7130114.jpg

Also got my custom adaptors through on friday :D Trial fitted one of the wheels to see how much they will stick out.......think im gonna need some camber! As it turns out ET-20 does give rather a lot of poke! :p

Now just waiting to get some tyres fitted but cant decide on what size to get....O, and i need some extended open ended wheel nuts as the new wheel studs are massive!

Aiming to get wheels fitted this week some time :)

Scooby should be sold this week (finally!) so can then order some coilovers to get the stance right :)