ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project RS clio!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
Car started out as a Bog standard Renault Sport Clio 172
media.jpg

media3.jpg

Looks kinda boring as standard tbh and sounded too quiet for my taste... Soooo off i went to K-Tec racing in bournmouth to get a little bit of work done to the car :D
K-Tec Stealth exhaust System // Polly bushes on anti roll bars and suspension // Carbon Fiber Splitter // Coilovers by Gaz with fully adjustable damperners, camber and hight. That left the car looking a little like this :)
12082008019.jpg

12082008020.jpg

So after all that i wanted a little more from the car.. Back off to good old K-Tec for a new set of drilled disc's // ECU Remap // Grp N Lower, Upper and gearbox mounts. cant really show any piccys of the work done but she pulled alot nicer, brakes felt better and the vibrations from the new mounts made me feel alot better about taking the poor girl round the track :volksdevil:
IMG_9001.JPG

So Christmas came and went and I wanted to do something "diffrent" to the car sooooo off to K-Tec again for a little spruce up :p

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Jenvey ITB's, CatCam's 428's and an Omex 600 ECU :)
Next plans for the car will be High Comp Pistons and Forged rods and maybe a diffrent set of Cat Cams (engine will rev to 9k so may aswell get my moneys worth) Hope you enjoyed the read and comments are welcome :thumb:

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Nice ITB converstion with cat cam 428's Carbon oil catch tank and aero bonnet pins!
Also was looking on the bay and found a set of mullered alloys that i thought i would get refurbed!!
DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Clio Sport 172 ITB
on the forged internals the rev limiter will be raised to 9k (pistons and rods im looking at can go to 9.5k)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ! You could have bought an M3 with all that dollar!!

A good one too!

Fair play mate, good to see someone doing it properly! :)

Lionel Richie
solid lifters? as i said, good luck if you can afford the parts, £3k for the top end give or take unless the prices have dropped massively (unlikely!)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
Just a little update! New carbon front splitter going on! Also my afr guage and oil pressure guage are now in! Turini's are on also :) car is going for a good valet session in the next 2 months also....

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i bought a 182 gearbox off the forums and it is currently at k-tec getting a quaife LSD fitted :D roll on track sessions!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
so its been AGES since i posted in here.... some people know the engine in the car wasnt right and it was burning an awful lot of oil! so i set about the task of finding a decent head and bottom end to begin building a new ish engine! at the moment the car is in at K-Tec getting the new engine rebuilt :) bottom end is standard but the head is Ported, Polished, Gas Flowed and has 1mm larger valves. just hoping that this will get the car working again so i can actually enjoy the damn thing at last!