ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project S13

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Woo I finally found my S13 today, and its a full on project for me now. Engine will be left stock until I know what I'm doing but I'm going to have a go at repairing the dodgy body panels myself, part stripped interior with some cobra daytonas and that sort of thing. Here she is:
DSCF0352.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
Heap.

o/j :rasp:

Good luck with your project matey, no doubt ill nip round sometime for a look :D
;) Bargain heap son, bargain...
Mechanically its top and it cost me £550! new rear bumper, new rear quarter and Im undecided on the tailgate, I might be able to repair it.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I love S13's but as yours shows, alot have been neglected on the exterior. A few choice mods and you'll be flying.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Cheers for the comments :D

Niiice Motor ;)
Cheers, not quite as nice as your S14 though :(

Hmmmmm..... Maybe a quick blast if you play your cards right ;)
I'll take it, no more hidden games though :quiet:

I love S13's but as yours shows, alot have been neglected on the exterior. A few choice mods and you'll be flying.
Just wait and see how much of a mess I'm likely to make it.

BMW M135i
Thats one of the better ones i've seen bodywise tbh, and for £550 you can't complain. Hell i'd have bought that for 550 notes.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
the repair work has started, I have taken all the plastic things out of the tailgate and started work on repairing the rust around the holes, only a tiny but to do and then I can start sanding it all down. What should I use to fill the holes though? Help greatly appreciated. Thanks
DSCF0357.jpg

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

a few bits of tape to stop water getting through the holes/to the bare metal for now
DSCF0360.jpg

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
the repair work has started, I have taken all the plastic things out of the tailgate and started work on repairing the rust around the holes, only a tiny but to do and then I can start sanding it all down. What should I use to fill the holes though? Help greatly appreciated. Thanks
DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0357.gif

a few bits of tape to stop water getting through the holes/to the bare metal for now
DSCF0360.jpg
Plates welded on the underside then filled is the only sure fire way.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
hmmm I've not got a welding torch or anything so I might have to go and see a mate to help me with that then. The rust was pretty bad at a couple of spots so I took a grinder to it and it seems so far to just be surface rust which is good.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
No need for a bumper or quarter there, just a bit of graft.
I've already got a new bumper painted for £50 so thats sorted, the rear quarters pretty bad its worse than the pics so I might get a mate to have a look abotu knocking it out, otherwise a new quarter may be the best way.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
you would be retarded to replace the quarter...... its fine.. just need skimming over..
Blunt :clown: .
skimming over? explain to the novice please ;) Its got a pretty deep dent near the door plus them scrapes. And the new rear quarter would be already painted and probably cheaper than a pro respray due to it being off of an SX thats being broken down on SXOC

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
you would be retarded to replace the quarter...... its fine.. just need skimming over..
Blunt :clown: .
skimming over? explain to the novice please ;) Its got a pretty deep dent near the door plus them scrapes. And the new rear quarter would be already painted and probably cheaper than a pro respray due to it being off of an SX thats being broken down on SXOC
Rear quarters need to be cut out and welded in so probably more work than skimming. Then it will need respraying even if it is the same colour.

As for skimming, this is the art of removing dents/gouges using filler/fibre glass. If any of the dents etc. are particularly deep, it may be worth drilling a small hole in the centre of the area in question, screwing in a self tapper and pulling in order to pull the dent out and minimise filler requirements.

Once complete, skim with fibre glass to build up the panel then skim with filler (p38 etc.) to get a final finish that can be painted.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
right ok, thanks. I've got a mate who works in a body shop so I might go see him on Monday and ask for some advise too, I need his welding skills for the bootlid.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Woo new Turbo!!! the mechanic who's fitting it (today :D) thinks he knows why the old one packed up, he had to drain 2 gallons of oil out of the engine before he could get the turbo off :eek:
DSCF0393.jpg

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Havent seen this. Going for another T25 or a T28?

Oh and you should have done it yourself! Piece of piss!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
its a T25, I was told by SXOC its not that hard to do but its gone for a full service and check over to make sure its in ok condition so I figured he would fit the turbo aswell.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I expect it'll cost a fair bit extra on top but its up to you at the end of the day. :)

My mates got a S13 he crashed just say on his drive. Loads of mods on that he should sell...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
£100 to fit it and considering how much of a pig of a job it can be it seemed reasonable until I have my own space to work on it. If I had some spare cash I'd be buying all sorts for it by now lol, provided the engine is in good condition when it comes back I'll be building it up to atleast stage 2 :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT
For the holes in the bootlid...............Super glue coins on the underside and just level with filler ;)
haha, not quite what I had in mind I was thinking of fiberglass personally. its getting a standard spoiler put in for a little while whilst I sort the roof out with all the laquer and paint peeling :(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I've used 1/2 a tank of petrol in a day, the tank costs around £40-50 to fill! I love turbo :D:D