ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Shitbox 172 (In Need Of A Good Tidy Up)

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
those handles look mint!

cheers mate, hopefully more to come :)

Interesting, is it carbon (Real) or film...Looks real.

nice wet lay handles

as Claire(mick) says its wet lay like carbon fibre sheet then resined an laqured over im sure, non of the cheap 3m vinal stuff

Sad to hear of the damage.

Great job on the car though, looking really good!

just looked through how it all began and wow uv done wonders! i would be absolutely gutted if that happened to me good luck tho dude! hope it all goes well for ya :)

cheers guys appreciate it, still lots more to do and shes in desperate need of a clean when i get her back. will treat her to a winter detail me thinks.

Just read from the start mate, looks like you took on a lot of work and tackled it nicely!

Shame about the steering pump, but seeing as everything else is shaping up its just a bump in the road i guess...

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate, was a lot of work involved but its what i wanted at the time lol.

car has been away since november, its been fixed but i have lots of niggles i want to sort out it just makes me want to abandon it and do nothing with it.

i will hopefully find the love for it again soon.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Alright mate, just read through the thread. Shame you still havent got the car on the road again, get your finger out :p

How much was it to get your fog surrounds, badges and door handles done in carbon? Looks Ace!

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
I know, just need to decide what I'm going to do with it would like some enjoyment out of it before I go to Thailand, will see what happens in the next few weeks!

I think the fog surrounds where £55 handles £35 and I bought badges off eBay, pm Chris Powell on here his work is top notch IMO

Cheers

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
going to try and get a move on with this over the next few months, its either that or my dad wants me to sell it to free up some room.

so been freeing up some room in the workshop because we are going to be moving in the next couple of weeks.

so set about chopping up my shell today.

this is how it went:

IMG_1450.jpg

chopped the roof off inside as im keeping it for when im going to get rid of my sunroof.

then made a frame up to pull the shell outside,

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

and lay to rest:

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

going to chop it down the middle tomorrow and put it on a flat bed take it to the scrappys as its the only way i can move it.

and my prize..

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

farewell donner shell..

will hopefully crack on with some progress before its too late, as im going to thailand to train in june so will need all the money i have for then.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Awesome, Was looking at pics of this earlier after we attacked it! haha

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Have orderd a JP race exhaust from Ktec, so hopefully that should be with me next week and get that on.

Going to have my mate fill the hole in the bumper and paint it because I have a cut out for my old exhaust on it as well.

Have a knocking witch might meen I need a new driveshaft so that's on the cards to be replaced soon.

And I need new front and rear seats as mine have seen better days and stink!!

Fun times

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
happy as a little pig in s**t. got my jp race exhaust yesterday! (formerly known as the yozza)

some pics:

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488-1.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

looks awesome cant wait to get it on.

thanks to ktec super fast delivery.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Exhaust looks good!! Wish i had the money for one justnow! Lol

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Project s**tbox 172 (In Need Of A Good Tidy Up)

So today i set about fitting my Jp race exhaust (yozza)

really simple to do and had no problems witch i thought i may have, seeing as i was doing it myself on the most un level drive in the world.. but anyway pics:

removed old exhaust

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

fitted yoz!

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

now i was going to just have my exhaust hole in the bumper, but im sure with some slight more jiggling with someone to help i can get it to fit in the hole properly. (and a new exhaust hannger.)

but its not that bad:

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

anyway easy peasy, and sounds farking loud.. i started it gave it a slight rev and my neighbour came out shouting "Wanty Stop that noise you just woke up my f**king baby"

oops charming.. i can see me falling out even further with my neighbours with this, sooo worth it though.

next on the list of things to do is new driveshaft time, and i need to sort out my discusting interior and the mould :(

and if anyone wants the standard exhaust it will be up for sale shortly.

thanks

Well done with all ur work mate, very interesting read. Was really gutted when for you about the steering pulley :( looks like your past the worst with it now though will be great to finally get it on the road where it belongs. Massive achievment, hats off :)

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Last edited by a moderator:
  'Mia' Rover Mini 35
That sounds like to me a timing belt, pully thing not the belt but what it goes around knocking against the block. Hope that helps mate.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Scrapping the full thing dont have time to fix it even though i found it was a silly problem that would have been fixed if done correctly the first time round!

so last sunday the car ended its life like this..

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

and its new resting place untill i scrap the shell.

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

if anyones after anything off it, any parts etc everything is for sale.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...rl-bladk-51-Ph2-172-some-nice-parts-available

just drop me a pm