ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prototype wax development !!

Abarth 500
Hey all,

Just thought I'd show you some sneak preview pics of my own blend of bespoke wax I am currently developing alongside luxurious wax crafters Mitchell & King. We are only in the early stages here btw, this is the first version. I hope you like it? I am developing it not only for myself but also for release to my clients or connoisseurs to add to their collection. I have versions 2, 3 and 4 winging their way to me as we speak. This is a true prototype boutique wax, the only one in the world currently, but even if it were released in its current form the results are amazing!!

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

And a video of the wax in action during a test over the weekend..
http://youtu.be/HGn1H5dQS8w

As you can see it currently requires application by hand and removal is a bit sticky - flash cures within 2mins! very hard and durable. The ease of use is the main area of development at the moment.

Further updates will follow, but in the meantime any comments or questions are welcome :)

Best wishes,
Matt.

Abarth 500
I'm not sure what will happen with samples etc. You guys wouldn't like this one. Detailing is frowned upon by your neighbours already (surely?!), without you then popping out some wax and massaging it in with your bare hands. They would think you have finally lost the plot.

The application is under review and development, I will update y'all when the next one arrives and maybe I will see if we can get a couple of 10ml samples together? or those locally might be lucky enough to come around and have a go themselves.. not sure at this stage!! Whatever happens, I want to try this on Liquid Yellow !!

Nah, my Clio is Racing Blue, and the BM is Topazbraun metallic.

Yeah, I live in Sale, so only a few miles away.

I've probably seen you about tbh, not that many Abarth 500's around.

Unsure how it can be the only wax prototype in the world - perhaps I have misunderstood. But good luck with the venture.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unsure how it can be the only wax prototype in the world - perhaps I have misunderstood. But good luck with the venture.

I was a little confused. M&K would also make a bespoke wax for anyone if you ask, that's what they do.

Maybe i've just seen it and heard it all before.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just looks like any other clean panel in the picture TBH, seems weird the world needs yet another wax developing, but good luck with it.

Abarth 500
Should probably have said that when I say prototype, of course it is not the only prototype wax in the world, I am sure others are developing their own as we speak. I was meaning more along the lines of that this is the only pour of that particular ingredient set and genetic make up - it is not a production wax or one that any other person has.

Sure Mitchell & King would make a wax for anyone who wants a bespoke wax. They will allow you to choose the colour, scent, and what type of container it's poured in. What they wont particularly do is allow you to dictate what you want from it in terms of what it will deliver on a car from an aesthetics perspective, or its longevity etc. I guess it's worth me mentioning that I have also been appointed as their Northern England representative which is why we have chosen to develop this wax - not really because the market needs yet another wax. Though by watching the short vid of it's water behaviour it is fair to say it is pretty unique or at least in a club of maybe 2 or 3 other waxes (and this does compare it to another wax on the bonnet?). Longevity is currently on trial but predicted at ~6 months, which again is unusual of a boutique wax. Hopefully it will deliver all of the above and have easier workability, then we could well be onto a winner, but as mentioned it is not being aimed at the mass market really it was more for wax collectors and some of my clients who like exclusivity.

Thanks for comments though guys, much appreciated.

Clio tce
Why Is yours better and how is it different to the other 2 or 3 option available. Please quantify as IMO it looks like a panel that maguires or mur or ag would do the same to...

Have you a picture out in the sunlight or only in the dark room with one light shining on it in a particularly favourable way... :p

I'm sure it's a good wax but interested to know more.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm not sure what will happen with samples etc. You guys wouldn't like this one. Detailing is frowned upon by your neighbours already (surely?!), without you then popping out some wax and massaging it in with your bare hands. They would think you have finally lost the plot.

Whatever happens, I want to try this on Liquid Yellow !!

i apply orange crush by hand ;) i dont care

and hai!! i can provide a donor car :approve:

25165DC6-A973-4416-B606-B8EE441E7071-793-0000011AD5C42896.jpg

and im in driving distance of you

Megane R26
Just please don't put it in one of those glass urn things!! Nice classy pot please :)

Great finish Sir!

Abarth 500
Hoping to have it in a more modern glass jar Russ :)

Version 2 will be here this week! So is anyone local willing to come over and let me have a dabble on a front wing or something, so you can give me some feedback on how it performs against whatever else is on your car?

Clio tce
The same as others on the Market then....Or.....

I had a cleaning session today, rinse, ag shampoo, rinse, ag shampoo, dry, mag quick detailer and clay, g7 wax, job done.

Tried that armerall stuff ( better than a wax stuff) last week it's not bad for a quick wash solution beads water brilliantly, Free with car mag too :)

Abarth 500
Easier to leave the car wet when claying rather than dry and use clay lube, then rewash and after that, dry. You did alot of things twice there mate!!!

The offer of applying this wax to a front wing or another panel as a direct comparison to whatever is on your car already is still open btw. I'm not asking for any money, just a volunteer. This thread hasn't gone quite as I'd expected tbh, there's alot of sceptics on here! I'm not complaining btw, not at all, I'm always keen to hear what others have to say. This trade is constantly evolving. The selling point of this particular wax is going to be that it should be durable whilst retaining fantastic aesthetics and is really hydrophobic to the point where it acts like a quartz based coating when water touches it!!

Appreciate I am new here and not shown any of my work - none of you guys apart from RussZS know me on here; perhaps this video might convince you to trust what I am saying and understand my mission.. http://vimeo.com/52107875 - this is my usual line of work tbh, so what I am offering, I believe, is a great opportunity for someone. I am really passionate about what I do. The earlier video in my opening post was a spur of the moment thing, the guy with the Civic literally turned up purely for a windscreen coating and off the cuff I just showed him the wax and applied some to his wing as a comparison, it was him who chose to film it... that's what I am all about, I like to give back to my friends and clients for their continued support :)

Abarth 500
Ok, sounds good. Could you make it a weekend so we can see it in the daylight? I'd give the whole car a proper wash rather than just the panel in question.. that way we get a fair comparison and then after that it's down to you and you can let me know what you think when you're washing it next time etc.

That a plan?

Clio tce
Took ages As washed it twice, But was the first time using clay so needed to make sure it was properly clean before using it. Thought the detailer as a Lube was best for first time use, as recommend by instructions on clay also. The syn was in it to and this didn't help the situation... Lol

Nice offer but a bit far for me to drive :dapprove:

I'm not a detailing crazy man but always happy to buy the best wax, shampoo etc.

a fan of mur, and ag. Some turtle wax too. And have meguires detailer at the moment, but I think meguires is usually over priced :quiet:

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
See you on the weekend :)

Westy, isn't clay meant to get the remaining s**t off the car that washing couldn't? So washing it twice would be redundant if the first wash was sufficient.

Clio tce
Wash on, wash off, wash on, wash off... Clayyyyyyyyy, wax on, wax off...... Yes 2 washes she deserved it she's been a dirty bit&£ recently.... :)

Would have washed her once if I got the pressure washer out of the garage but went for just the hose today. In the garage lives the kwaka asleep in hibernation mode.... I don't want to awaken the green machine as the car will then take a back seat.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's fair to say sceptical but it's not unfounded. Luckily this isn't DW where smoke in blown up peoples asses.

We don't have to keep opinions to ourselves for fear of upsetting the hierarchy. Detailing in essence has been a victim of it's own success.

Re-hashed products from some chemical plant somewhere. I know personally M&K do their own stuff but it's still wax. It's nice to have nice stuff though, henxe why I still buy wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
More like wash, de-tar, wash/sf, Clay, wash sf.

Claying over tardis obviously doesn't work as the tardis breaks down the clay so to speak.

Snow Foam is the quick version imo or a hazasafe/pre spray just to remove tardis/lube before any future steps.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love it. Check the Chemical Guys website for a laugh they are awesome at the babble!