ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proud Owner of a 197 cup in white

Clio 197 R27
Nice choice i love the white almost as much as the liquid yellow.
don't bother running it, not really needed much after 150miles, bearings and tolerances so much better than when they put A series motors in Mini's. you need to vary the loads and don't let the engine labour too much ie keep the revs up whilst going up hills. I know it says 600 miles in the handbook but i've not done that with my R27.
ask any engine builder and they will tell you there's no need to run modern motors in.

133/225/CLS AMG
Sounds very smart, by the sounds of it they've upped the build quality to the same as the Meganes.

I always thought my 172 was well screwed together anyway unlike what a lot of reports say.

As for the jet wash, as long as you only use the jet wash and not the brushes etc at the garage it should be fine. :D

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Mines not going to be ready until nexted weekend.

Was hoping to pick it up on Monday.

I can't wait anymore.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
is anyone getting a cup in any other colour???
I must admit i wish the r27 was available in white!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
So you got aircon which was the only thing that made the cup 20kg lighter and you put it back in?

For £14950 you could have had a new white 197 with Recaros, aircon, xenons, the cup suspension, white rims and all the other 197 toys....

That just seems like a much better deal in my eyes....

If the Cup had been lighter and faster I may have been swayed but its just a cheap 197 and in that vain will still be a great car....

Health to enjoy her....him....whatever!

ST
So you got aircon which was the only thing that made the cup 20kg lighter and you put it back in?

For £14950 you could have had a new white 197 with Recaros, aircon, xenons, the cup suspension, white rims and all the other 197 toys....

If the Cup had been lighter and faster I may have been swayed but its just a cheap 197 and in that vain will still be a great car....

Is that in RenaultSport dream land mate?

IIRC white isn't available on the standard 197..

Also if you check the RenaultSport site theres still no cup suspension option..

Lee

BMW M2C
White is going to be available on the 197, it's just more expensive than on the Cup.

Plus that spec 197 is almost £2k more than I've paid for the Cup, give or take a tank of petrol!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

White, £150-cup, £360- FF

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197

No..its in the I know better than you realworld mate....:rasp:

Alex Levington, a well renowned dealer on RS forums has offered me this...

White is available on the 197 as is the cup suspension...

Black Gold with cup packs

No..its in the I know better than you realworld mate....:rasp:

Alex Levington, a well renowned dealer on RS forums has offered me this...

White is available on the 197 as is the cup suspension...

Had mine from Alex Levington hes a top guy. Sorry guys I haven't been about to day i'm afraid, promise pics will follow.
I would like to go to a meet of some sort. Maybe a welsh meet in Porthcawl or Cardiff? Any loca/ localish meets due?

I'm beginning to think the 197 Cup doesn't actually exist and it was all an clever hoax from Renault, have we had any pics from any owners yet? ;)

Sounds very smart, by the sounds of it they've upped the build quality to the same as the Meganes.

I always thought my 172 was well screwed together anyway unlike what a lot of reports say.

As for the jet wash, as long as you only use the jet wash and not the brushes etc at the garage it should be fine. :D

i have owned vw's/new honda civic...and the build quality on my 172 isnt far off...

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Im going in to my renault dealer this afternoon and see what id get in px for my civic against a 197 cup.

Can they do the alloys in white?