ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proud Owner of a 197 cup in white

Black Gold with cup packs
I picked up the great white yesterday and how great it actually looks is uncomprihendable. The car is simply stunning, with its black speedline alloy wheels split with the red four pot brembo brakes, the sublime reccaro seats that keep you transfixed in one constant position, the black side strip and wing mirrors suit the car really well, I didn't doubt it would as some of you thought so, the white black combination is superb, and jesus how solid the car is, my god I couldn't actually believe it was a Renault at first. Renaults built quality has soared in my eyes, its hard to remember at times when I was on my 330 mile journey home that I was in fact driving a Renaultsport. I have upgraded from a 172ff, and despite loosing a few toys it is one big step. Obviously I am yet to really push the car as I haven't run her in properly but power feels constant across the rev range, even when crusing at 70-80mph in 6th gear a slight press on the accellerator seems to surge you forward the power distribution seems constant but bare in mind I am yet to go over 5,000 revs. I will post pictures as soon as I have cleaned the car as the 330 mile journey seemed to have got the car a tad dirty :D. Even though the performance figures of the car seemed to have upset a few, the build quality of the car has made up for this ten fold. Renault have taken a step in the right direction. Prehaps gone are the days that you assosiate Renault with Rattles and creaks from various areas of the car. Fingers crossed!

I have decided to name him Jaws, this car is definetly a mans car. I Imagine the new 197 has thrown the whole clios and hairdressers argument out of the window

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice one, but as has been said, where are the pics?

I'm already sick of waiting for mine.

Will post some pics this afternoon guys!
I paid £13,295 for the car with all optional extras. After P/Exing Hans who will be greatly missed :(, I had the car for around £8500.

Would you guys contemplate using a garage jet wash on the car?
I used it on my 172 in the winter all the time and had no problems but am a bit worried to use it on the new car?
Should it be ok or will i leave it to Hand power?

Lee

BMW M2C
Will post some pics this afternoon guys!
I paid £13,295 for the car with all optional extras. After P/Exing Hans who will be greatly missed :(, I had the car for around £8500.

That's a pretty good price mate. I take it that's with aircon also?

It handles better than my 172 and my old 172 cup, cannot comment on the 182 as I have never driven one but I should imagine it would.
Takes a while to get used to the EPS though as the steering wheel is very light. Feels really strange at first.

Lee

BMW M2C
That's a pretty good price mate. I take it that's with aircon also?

yep it was! incase I ever get caught in a James May moment

I don't blame you. I've gone for the same spec only without the black wheels. Mine came in a few hundred less due to the wheels.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics later.

Personally I only ever wash my cars by hand. I'm not anal about using dozens of buckets and all that, but I'd never use a car wash or jetwash on it.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
ahh i just noticed you live in bridgend mate so im looking forward to spotting this over the next few weeks.

jet wash will be fine as long as you dont use the brush though. although im guessing some of the clean freaks on here will say otherwise.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
mate do it all by hand, i know its a white car and swirling etc might be hard to spot, but you have a blank canvas so to speak, so why not get it right from the start?

oh and thats a great price mate.

ahh i just noticed you live in bridgend mate so im looking forward to spotting this over the next few weeks.

jet wash will be fine as long as you dont use the brush though. although im guessing some of the clean freaks on here will say otherwise.

Was in Newport last night, almost got caught short on petrol, The ross on wye service station was shut so the nearest one was newport, actually just outside newport, a tesco Esso garage.

Jet wash should be ok, but don't use the brush. I sometimes use the jet wash to remove mud and stuff, then use a mitt to wash with.

Ultra Red Megane 175
Awesome stuff, I work in Bridgend so will be keeping an eye out for this. Get the pics up asap!

ST
Nice one matey...

But get out there a give it a good booting, mine is on 4500 miles and the engine is loosening up nicely, i've been booting it since day one!!

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice one matey...

But get out there a give it a good booting, mine is on 4500 miles and the engine is loosening up nicely, i've been booting it since day one!!

I'll be doing the same with mine. As soon as it's warmed up it will get it.

ST
ive been tempted but I don't want to blow it up:). Its only on 345 miles!

Thats what your warranty is for mate...

After about 15-20 mins normal driving you can take right round the clock...

I also changed the oil in mine at 1k just to let out any unwanted particles from the engine..

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Nice one!

Seems like a good price, which dealer did you get it from?

I think everyone is dying for the pics though.

ive been tempted but I don't want to blow it up:). Its only on 345 miles!

Thats what your warranty is for mate...

After about 15-20 mins normal driving you can take right round the clock...

I also changed the oil in mine at 1k just to let out any unwanted particles from the engine..

Good advice there, I would definatly change the oil at 1k, you can get the money back by selling all the iron filings to the local secondary school!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

Was in Newport last night, almost got caught short on petrol, The ross on wye service station was shut so the nearest one was newport, actually just outside newport, a tesco Esso garage.

I think i know which one mate. Ill keep an eye out . If you see a black bmw 3 series flashing its me fella

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
^^^^ i have to agree with xzbit on that.

did the first 400 miles easy then drove it like i stole it after that.

Ultra Red Megane 175
I think i know which one mate. Ill keep an eye out . If you see a black bmw 3 series flashing its me fella

Brooky, do you ever find yourself in Neath at all? I got flashed in the Trophy by a black 3 series this week for no apparent reason?