ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3/360/PC] Gaming headset discussion

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I have been reading quite a bit on how proper gaming headsets (5.1) can improve your game quite a lot.

Now... not being the best at technology, have anyone got any recommendations?

Is it a good idea to get ones that build in the chat function too?

What are good brands?

do ones for PC/xbox/PS3 all work on the seperate formats?

Please educate me...

I have done a bit of googling but don't really get it tbh.

found this:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/gaming-headphones.aspx

and this:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=923676&source=froogle

I welcome your thoughts and discussion.

Just got my bro a set of TB X1's for christmas, read some good reviews about them. Shame the eggbox has just effing broke.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yes. Example on Call of Duty it's always nice to know whether the bullets are going past your ear forwards or backwards, to know where the cnut with the sniper rifle is.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so can i get a set of ps3 compatible 5.1 headphones and just plug them into my ps3 via the usb and that will work in full 5.1? or is there more to it?

Cupra
I have a set of these. They are supposed to be 5.1 dolby but I can't really tell if they are working properly TBH. Sound quality is awesome though.

DCi
the best headset ive had was called something like a steelseries siberia i think.

that was ages ago though, things have probably moved on

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
they might enhance the experience, but i doubt they would improve how you play too much. I have some X1s and they are extremely good.

MKV R32
turtlebeach are awfuls headphones, if youve got the money go buy astro A40s they are the best out there for x360.

Im currently using the shakoon xtatic v3s, i used to have the xtatic V1s and they are a major improvment, but one big downside is they require a power source.

As to improving your gameplay, yes they do very much, but only if you know how to use them, i can hear anybody thats around me, and know exactly which door/ direction they are coming from.

Steelseries are very average, i won a pair of the neckbands and they werent bad but the mic was terrible.

Having said that, i would only choose these headphones over Sennheiser HD595/555s because of the intergrated microphone, if your not bothered about the mic get the sennheisers

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the V1's quite a bit more than the V3's as tbh, the V3's are the best part of £100.

I would like the built in voice ability as I play online with mates.

MKV R32
X1's are £35, the A40s cost more than the frikkin xbox.

you pay for what you get, spend 35 quid on the turtle beaches and ull get a microphone that buzzes when you speak, flimsy plastic that will break within weeks and poor sound quality.

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Tritton_AX180_Gaming_Headphones_for_Xbox360_and_PS3_TAX180

never had any experience with tritton, but they seem to be the uk seller of Sharkoon.

Your gna need to pay almost 100 quid for a good pair of 5.1 headphones with intergrated voice for the x360

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
you pay for what you get, spend 35 quid on the turtle beaches and ull get a microphone that buzzes when you speak, flimsy plastic that will break within weeks and poor sound quality.

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Tritton_AX180_Gaming_Headphones_for_Xbox360_and_PS3_TAX180

never had any experience with tritton, but they seem to be the uk seller of Sharkoon.

Your gna need to pay almost 100 quid for a good pair of 5.1 headphones with intergrated voice for the x360

:rolleyes: well mines not broken and i've owned then about 6 months. The sound quality is good and no microphone buzzes.

Motorbikes
Another X1 fan here.

I also have the X31 brand new in packaging if anyone want it for say £65 delivered. £80 on Amazon I believe.

Motorbikes
Will the X31s work on a PS3 then? Or any headset tbh?

Not sure on the X31s. The wireless adaptor plugs into the USB port and has audio cables that piggyback off the cables going into the TV. Technical stuff, for me.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what is the crack with all the power supply and wires on yours?

Tesla MP3 2021
http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Tritton_AX_720_Dolby_Digital_Gaming_Audio_System_TAX720

been thinking of these ones... bit concerned by all the ables involved in many 5.1 headsets... these sem to keep them ot a minimum.

Adam how you finding your headset?

Mine are awesome mate. I was considering the Tritons but after reading and posting in a massive thread over on AV forums and watching a couple of youtube reviews I went for the Sharkoons as they are the better headset "apparently", I certainly have no regrets :)

Tesla MP3 2021
what is the crack with all the power supply and wires on yours?

Well there are 2 power connections, one for the mix amp and one for the actual headset. They all come from the 1 mains power plug though. Obviously they are wired which I wanted as I have read issues with the quality over the wireless examples i.e the x41's, plus the frequent battery changes.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah fair dos. how is the 5.1? found you can hear stuff going on a lot better? like from behind/side etc?

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah fair dos. how is the 5.1? found you can hear stuff going on a lot better? like from behind/side etc?

Oh yeah its amazing. I get so many kills just hearing people running towards me from behind or coming round corners. Not that im camping or anything lol, just holding my position ;)

Never above 25mpg
Guess I'm the only one in the thread who's happy with the Microsoft wireless one?

Big improvement on the standard wired headsets (which i had about 4 of as they kept breaking) and it's comfortable on the ear.

Tesla MP3 2021
Guess I'm the only one in the thread who's happy with the Microsoft wireless one?

Big improvement on the standard wired headsets (which i had about 4 of as they kept breaking) and it's comfortable on the ear.

Erm yeah lol. As a standard headset to chat over live then the MS Wireless one is awesome but its not a gaming headset at the end of the day.

Giulietta 940
I went from Medusa 5.1s to SteelSeries Icemats to Creative Fatal1tys... so far the Creative headset has lasted the longest (I'm sure it will break soon now I've said that) and I've the best sound out of it. Plus at £35 its not going to break the bank.