ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Froman Xbox Fanboy (sorta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right as some of you know yes i love my Xbox, but im more of a techno fan boy then specific to Xbox. My main beef with PS3 is the lack of games, i dont like the controllers and it is a fact that the graphics on the xbox are currently better for most games due to it having a better graphics card.
That isnt to say that the PS3 wont eventually have better graphics.
I will be buying a slimline one soon mainly for the bluray but i also want to buy a few games for it aswell like uncharted 1+2, little big among a few others.

When i have had it for a few weeks i will report back and give a 2sided review for you all to see.

E87 118d M Sport
lol.

all ill say is play uncharted 2 and then come back and re-edit the bit about the xbox having better graphics.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
you know that the PS3 actually has better graphics.... COD:MW2 is better on PS3 according to InfinityWard.

(i'm a 360 fanboy btw)

Generally speaking on multi games xbox. Im not going to bore you with the actual website but here,

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing [COLOR=#0072bc !important][COLOR=#0072bc !important]horsepower[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can�t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What a waste of sperm you are.

Was that other thread not enough drivel?

Sorry for the edit.

Let me get this straight you spent days saying a ps3 is crap but you are now going to try it.

Logic? You have none.

Last edited:
I will try and get one from sains this week as they sold out very quickly. I think they get them back in tomos.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
wtf? who cares what you think? plenty of people with both consoles already posted on the other thread. Bored already.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Brb, looking in my drawer for some care.
The whole debate about wether "EKS BOCKZ ISH BETTAH THAN PEE ESS FWEE" is a little pathetic imo.

Mini JCW
Any way no intention to turn this into an argument.

Utter tosh!

See that rock?

rock06.jpg

Go crawl back underneath it.

Are you really this needy or is just an act?

You must be very insecure having to constantly post how much better your console of choice is over the competition!

Maybe..... just maybe if you type '360 FTW' into enough forums it will come true:cool:

Clio 182
Generally speaking on multi games xbox. Im not going to bore you with the actual website but here,

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing [COLOR=#0072bc !important][COLOR=#0072bc !important]horsepower[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can�t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

Rather than copy and pasting stuff you dont understand why dont you just shut up. Games that come out on both consoles usually look better on the 360 because that is the primary design console, then the game is ported and they dont bother investing time to rewrite code to use the PS3 cell. But as someone has already said go buy uncharted 2 or killzone 2 and you will see the difference between a port and a game designed to run on PS3.

you cant compare the ps3 and 360

on games that are on both platforms they have have to 'dumb' it down so the xbox can handle it

fact!

you cant compare the ps3 and 360

on games that are on both platforms they have have to 'dumb' it down so the xbox can handle it

fact!

lol its not a fact at all graphics wise the 360 is stronger but the ps3 has more processor muscle not that it can use it all

and memory wise the ps3 is quite sucky

Yes i would like to end this thread, im not arguing with anyone over it, theres enough threads for that.

Mugen Type R/SLK55 AMG
LOL...I have both consoles and PS3 fanboys on here get so defensive! LOL

My PS3 has dull, boring front end and is gathering dust. It only appeals to me for three reasons :

Uncharted 2
Killzone 2
Little Big Planet

I would never buy a cross platform game on the PS3 because every single one looks and plays better on the 360. If you are a PS3 fanboy and don't believe me then go to eurogamer.net and check the face off reviews. They compare every single cross platform game on both systems and the 360 wins every time.

My reasons for firing up the 360 over the PS3 are :

Forza 3
Gears 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (2 end of Jan)
Better quality cross platform games and not to mention all the other exclusives since 2005....

and.....

The polish of XBox Live Experience!
My Avatar
On demand Zune HD 1080p films (f**k Bluray)
Windows 7 Media Centre Extender with MKV playback
Sky Player
Facebook
Twitter

I'm not a fanboy, I have both systems and the PS3 is less attractive as a complete package.

Status
Not open for further replies.