ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Its b****cks that site - the very one says out of stock - pre order for 12/8

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Its b****cks that site - the very one says out of stock - pre order for 12/8
Well I've managed to get them for a few people without any pre orders.
Maybe they had actual stock earlier.
Use the telegram link on there if you don't want to buy the one Louis linked from Game. It's been quicker than email links from experience.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Yeah Was just looking at that. Funny how it says out of stock for the console alone, but in stock for the console extra pad and case (which I don’t want)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Scan had some a little while back. They do a deal for the disc version, a game, extra controller and second hard drive with heat sink.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Was just looking at that. Funny how it says out of stock for the console alone, but in stock for the console extra pad and case (which I don’t want)
It's cost price tbf. You're just paying about £10 for a bum bag you won't use.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got mine from Stock Informer, took about a week between wanting one and securing one.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've been upsold, really wanted to play Stray but it's overpriced imo for an around 4 hour game, it's free with PS Plus extra though and they was only £20 to upgrade to for the remaining 8 months of my current plan.

Downloading Stray now, I'll also be able to give RDR2 a whirl, never played an RDR game but been meaning to pick one up, although I would have preferred it on Xbox tbh.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've been upsold, really wanted to play Stray but it's overpriced imo for an around 4 hour game, it's free with PS Plus extra though and they was only £20 to upgrade to for the remaining 8 months of my current plan.

Downloading Stray now, I'll also be able to give RDR2 a whirl, never played an RDR game but been meaning to pick one up, although I would have preferred it on Xbox tbh.

RDR2 is one of the best games of all time, you won’t be disappointed. Easily in my all time top 5.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Stray is brilliant btw, sunk about 4 hours into it yesterday, taking my time trying to get all the collectables but I don't think I have that long left.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
they had them on Amazon today, by the time I’d faffed about and decided whether digital or disc they’d sold out.
I don't know why anyone would consider digital, it's such a backwards idea.

Not even from a cost perspective of saving money on second hand games but from a storage perspective.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know why anyone would consider digital, it's such a backwards idea.

Not even from a cost perspective of saving money on second hand games but from a storage perspective.
They have the same size ssd though?

I have a disc version but the only disc game I have is GT7 because it was bundled with it. I don’t see myself buying any more disc games tbh.

I’ve had my XSX for nearly 2 years now and I’ve never used the disc drive.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

I have a disc version but the only disc game I have is GT7 because it was bundled with it. I don’t see myself buying any more disc games tbh.

They do have the same sides SSD but you'll still have a load of data on the disk which in turn means you could get more games on the system rather than with digital.
Plus you can sell games on if they end up being s**t.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

I suppose it depends on your usage. I have loads of games so don't see how a hdd only model would work for me

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Playing all the latest games can be proper cheap if you can be arsed.

Buy a game new, play it for a few weeks, sell it, eBay have a 80% off fees thing basically every weekend now, you lose about £5 a pop, on £40+ games.

That's why I'd go disc.

I spent a long time building up a collection, realised I never end up touching 90% of the games ever again and I was just pissing money away. If you do wanna play something again down the line, buy it again later, it'll probably be dirt cheap by then anyway.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
But digital games and disc games take up the same space?

Games on disc aren't even on the disc sometimes now, the disc is just proof you've purchased it and then it downloads the whole thing from the internet.
Is that so? Well I'll always admit when I'm wrong, I've learnt something new today in that case mate

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Is that so? Well I'll always admit when I'm wrong, I've learnt something new today in that case mate
It's become quite a bone of contention recently, because it's starting to become the case where even if you buy the game physically, you don't actually own the game, the disc is just like a ticket to download it, and when they take the game offline, you can't play it, even though you bought the physical disc.

Destiny 2 developer Bungie have taken a lot of slack recently because they've basically dumped a whole expansion that people paid money for, and can't play any more.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I prefer disc as I remember selling all my games to pay for a new console when it was time to do so! I got digital this time mainly because it was so hard to get a PS5 at the time and I just got what I could get... and also, because my PS5 is in an inaccessible place so changing discs would be a real ball ache, although as it goes I maybe changing the setup at some point.

Might end up changing to disc one day.

Fiesta ST-2
I prefer digital these days. I don't sell games on and it saves time pissing about finding cases and swapping discs.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I prefer digital these days. I don't sell games on and it saves time pissing about finding cases and swapping discs.

This is exactly my thinking. All my Xbox games are digital except RDR2. I recently lost the disc and couldn’t play the fucker!

I don’t have any ps4 games and would probably regret digital only , having the option is probably well worth £100 or so.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Managed to get a disc version from Amazon today, is horizon forbidden west any good ?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

there's a name i havn't seen in a while, i dont go on here as much as i use too but how you doing?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I still have to standard PS+ membership. I wonder if the Essential and Premuim will get a discount from the websites like ShopTo and that in the near future, I'm not paying the standard price at the minute

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I still have to standard PS+ membership. I wonder if the Essential and Premuim will get a discount from the websites like ShopTo and that in the near future, I'm not paying the standard price at the minute
PSN stuff rarely sees significant discount anywhere but for the usual 50% off around Christmas (For a 12 month standard + sub). Xbox one the otherhand are much more frequently discounted (I managed to bag all the Halo games for £7.50 a couple of years ago for example).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I did the mid term upgrade, it's not really a deal but it seems more palatable when it's just the difference you're paying pro rate.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Got a free 7 day trial of ps+ premium

so far downloaded stray, god of war (f**king mint), and Spider-Man

shame the matrix demo isn’t available anymore I really wanted to see that

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

I got bored of God of War fairly quickly, graphics are amazing though, play AC Valhalla now and it's brilliant.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I tried the truck racing game, really really s**t.

PS+ Premium is pretty poor compared to gamepass, struggling to find much on there but I've got it until March now.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
All good Gedi, how you been?

good good, what you doing now and what you been doing all these years? Those pains i've had for long time, got worse and worse. endup up having major surgery last year. Almost full recorved form surgery but wont be the same as i was before hand though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

really how did you manage that was that through the PlayStation?