ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSP Memory Sandisc or Sony ?

Monaco 172 2/468
What does everyone think of the difference between the memory cards for the PSP. According to what i've read the Sandisc's are 3 times quicker than the Sony ones, and also about 30 quid on Ebay !! Surely there must be a downside, apart from them being yellow lol

500bhp Scoob
I've got the Sandisk 1gb Memory stick pro duo (that neon yellow one lol) and its pretty good, fast transfers, good loading times of homebrew loading from the stick.
Cant complain about the price :)

Mr2 Roadster
Scandisc come as standard in the SonyEricsson P910i's?

I'm 99% sure it's just a rebrand by Sony.

Buy Scandisc.

dk

911 GTS Cab
sony make sony memory sticks and sandisk make theirs, Sony sold the technology rights to them to produce them aswell but Sony are a massive manufacturer of them, some people have problems with the sandisk ones but i never hear of people having problems with the Sony ones.

I have both and have not had a problem with either so i would go with the sandisk for price, not sure why they have a specific psp coloured version though which is cheaper, makes me wonder why it is cheaper?

i got a sony 1gig high speed card from HK. and the f**king thing was fucked. not a f**king happy bunny i tell you. i have a sandisk 512mb one now bought from costco for £35 i think.

i am waiting for the prices of sony high speed gig cards to hit the high street shops and do a swap.......

Monaro VXR
Doesn't matter which one you buy really there both technically rebrands. They will both have the same internals same memory chips etc. I dont even think its sonys own technology to begin with they just bought the rights to it same as sandisk probably did.

Personally though i wouldnt buy the sony one when i know that i can get the exact same thing for cheaper just without sony wrote on it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
wozzaa said:
Doesn't matter which one you buy really there both technically rebrands. They will both have the same internals same memory chips etc. I dont even think its sonys own technology to begin with they just bought the rights to it same as sandisk probably did.

Personally though i wouldnt buy the sony one when i know that i can get the exact same thing for cheaper just without sony wrote on it.
it is sony's technology, developed and originally manufacturered soley by them

182... again!
I've bought cards from picstop.co.uk a few times. Best prices, next day delivery usually and great service! Totally recommended and no my uncle doesn't own them!!