ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puddle under seat?!

Blackgold 182
Hi guys, just lifted the rear seats to get stuff in the back and found a puddle of water under the o/s rear seat? Seat itself is dry, boot floor is dry as is rear carpets.....

Took 4 sheets of kitchen roll to soak it up so not a great deal but even so!

Any ideas where it might be coming from?!

Cheers

Billy

Blackgold 182
Anyone any ideas??! Cars booked into dealers for belts tomorrow so will probably just get them too look at it if no one has any clue?!!

Focus ST170
Pin hole in rear washer tube that runs along the passenger side of the car, beneath the rear door cards. That's my guess for the first thing to check?
J

Clio 172, Pug 106
Mine did this, and it was the drainage duct in the centre of the scuttle panel!

​Ws blocked with crap

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
check the fixed rear window seals at the bottom of the windows, if they are curled back or not seated correctly water runs down and seeps in

Blackgold 182
Well despite having the car in pieces I didnt find anything!! Its off too the dealers today so see what they come up with!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
how the heck can a scuttle panel flood at the front of the car climb uphill to underneath the rear seats? i'm telling you its the rear window seals ;)