ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling out of 182 order - advice needed

I have a 182 on order from a Reno dealer, but due to unforseen circumstances may have to pull out of the deal. Question is, the car is still 5 weeks away from estimated delivery (probably 8 weeks in reality) can I pull out of the deal now and still get my deposit returned? I have no finance to arrange so would not have to pull out of a finance deal. Has anyone on here pulled out of a deal with a Reno dealer and got their deposit back? With 5 weeks to go I assume the car has not been made even it had Im sure they would be able to sell it pretty quickly or transfer it to another dealer/purchaser. One other thing, I chose the registration when I signed for the order will this make any difference with pulling out of the deal if the car does not even exist yet i.e. no VIN number exists yet?

black golf v6 4 motion

i have pulled out before with finance arranged but i didnt leave a deposit (part of deal) but i think you will lose your deposit . thats why they ask for deposits

Yaris Hybrid

Dont suppose its a titanium with Cup packs is it?

If the dealer wont give you your deposit back I bet there are plenty of people on here who would give you the money and take over your order! This will be especially true nearer the delivery date although it depends what price you negotiated with the dealer.

Only £400 deposit but its enough to make you think twice, hence the reason for having it I suppose.

On the colour front its black gold with cup packs for £13.5 from a Reno dealer and will be registered to me as first owner and 54 reg. I suppose as Toypop said someone may take over the order i.e. someone who doesnt want to wait the normal 14 weeks, or someone who wants to pull out of there own deal cos of the run around from their dealer (which can be done if the dealer is 4 weeks later than the estimated date).

Mondeo STTDCI

At £13,500 I would imagine someone would take the deal over if you search hard enough, maybe try and sell the deal on for £200 thus recouping some of your deposit? £13,300 for a 182 is a good deal from main dealer.

I dont think it will be as yet registered to yourself either.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah mate I am sure when it gets down to a few weeks to go there will be plenty of people who given the choice of waiting 3 to 4 months or having yours would be happy to give you £400.

£13.5 is a good price. If they wont give back the deposit tell them you will stand outside their showroom and offer it to prospective buyers. I am sure they have people walking into the showroom every day and signing orders for 182s at the full list price.