ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling to the left, not sure what else to check! :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Right, so my car is pulling fairly badly to the left, even worse under hard braking at high speed, listed below is what ive tested:
  • Camber checked and ok.
  • Toe checked and ok.
  • Tracking checked and ok.
  • Tyre pressures checked and ok.
  • New tyres fitted a month ago.
  • Wheel moving freely, eg calipers not binding.
Would it be worth changing my wishbones for a fresh set to see if this helps? Im a little confused what it could be :(

TRACK CAR BREAKING
my car pulls to one side..
found out its one of the calipers sticking!
just had to spend 350 on new parts :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
  Clio sport 172
Check your rear shockers amd you front struts mate one of them may be worn you cant see so much by eye but i had same prob it was me front shocker was goosed could not tell by eye everything looked normal, replace both front struts no more pulling to any side lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ok so its defo to do with the brakes, i took all the pads out last week and shaved abit of the edges so they moved abit smoother in the calipers, so put them all back and all was well until I started testing the brakes under hard use on a test drive and its now back to how it was! wtf! :(

Tin Can with wheels
mine does this also cant get my head around it! and checked what you have... but still pulls to the left! drives me bonkers! have replaced lower ball joints and tie rod ends... still the same :(

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hey ,I had a similar problem with my car, it drove perfectly straight until I hit the brakes and the car would dive to the left, the harder I hit the brakes, the worse the pull. It turned out to be the bushes in the front wishbone, as soon as I'd hit the brakes the left wheel would be pulled out of it's correct position and when I took my foot off the brakes it would shift back as though nothing was wrong! It melted my head until I figured it out. I sorted it by fitting a powerflex bush kit, It's perfect now, and feels more connected to the road.
Hope this is of some help.

Tin Can with wheels
hmm i might change over the arms next year as i cant be arsed with getting under the car now lol that's if it don't kill me before then!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cheers for the replys guys, thing is my wheel isnt straight even when driving without the brakes on. The discs were brand new when the pads went on, ive done about 1000 miles with them all on but the issue started shortly after they all went on... hmm dodgy discs maybe then? Think im gunna swap over the discs and pads from either side and see if the issues moves to the other side!