ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport top mount bearings

Clio 182 FF
Hi guys - looking for a bit of advice with my newly purchased Clio 182.

I bought it from a member on here and in the ad and during sale @matty1995 mentioned that there was the odd knock from one of the front dampers.
I've been tinkering and had the car jacked up looking around and looking at the dampers etc. What I noticed was that it appears as though the knocking is coming from the top mount solid bearings. They're moving up and down within the bearing cup.

Anyone know if this is a 'feature' of the top mount ?

Are the bearings tapered so they'll nip up ?

Im also wondering if they're fitted correctly and whether they need tightening up ?

They're both doing it and I'd be surprised if they are goosed as they were only fitted this year.

Anyone have any experi nice with them?

Clio 182 FF
Pic of what I'm on about

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The bearings are fucked mate. Get the nmb bearings that are an option. They might be listed as 'pre loaded bearing option', they cost more money, but they will last longer.

Clio 182 FF
Technical response :tongueout: haha :up:

Interesting as they were only fitted end of March- should they last longer than that or is that to be expected.
Not bank busting but I thought they'd last longer.

I'll have a look on the site and get some new ones ordered up.