ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PureMotorSport solid Topmounts

I know there's numerous threads about these but I've not come across anything that answers my following question.

Do these topmounts lower the front of the car down like the AST solid topmounts do?

I previously had the ASTs fitted and it lowered the front of the car down roughly 15mm and due to having seized adjuster rings on my coilovers I wasn't able to raise them thus resulting me having to remove the ASTs.

172/1.2/E30
I do think they'll lower the front as they seem to have a lower height than OEM mounts (looking at various pictures).

Yeahhhh that's what I was thinking. There is something mentioned in their fitting guide on their site saying they don't alter the ride height but was just after some confirmation from someone who's fitted them before buying them.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Share the info then buddy.
how much lower do they make things, as this in turn reduces the shock absorbers travel.

E46 M3
how much lower do they make things, as this in turn reduces the shock absorbers travel.

No it doesnt, the shock is still the same length with the same travel. The only time it would reduce travel is if it the car was so low that the wheel hit the inside of the wheel arch.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

If you move the top of the shock up slightly, it doesnt change the amount of travel availalble.
Think of it as the same as cutting the strut top out and welding it in a little higher up.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'm happy with it the way it is Chip, I was more curious how much travel it would be loosing.
but, in all honesty I can't see it being a problem with the AST's.

ive just bought a Trophy aswell to now swap everything over in to, and to take a little more time in getting it all neat/tidy/perfect as a track car for 2013, the black one will then go back to being Kim's daily ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Did you buy the 1200 quid one that was knocking about? Had "ideal track car" written all over it that did :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool stuff, was tempted myself but Les is a bit too attached to our current one to let me get away with reshelling it, lol

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
i think you have a big enough clio collection at present anyhow.

we still have all of the standard bits from kims sat in the loft/unit, so easy enough to put back to standard and use as a daily again as we know the car is in good shape, all bar a few scuffs etc.
i can then plod through the winter tinkering with the Trophy on spare weekends, and it saves me playing with the focus to much :S