ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push start ignition

As some may know my car died last wednesday the tumblers in the barrel for the ignition dropped locking the key in the barrel unable to start the car. £80 from renault would have got me a new barrel but then 2 sets of keys required so decide to get my m8 (electronics engineer) to fit me a push start ignition system with integral security feature (remain unkown for obvious reasons). Anyway thought sum of you may be interested in development pics. Its now in and working but the button is not secured in the dash as i have not found a drill bit suitable size or confirmed a suitable position for it but its wired up and works.

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/pushstart.htmhttp://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/pushstart.htm

For some reason i can show the pics even though they are hosted so click the link above

Ken

MKII Vee

I got a push start on mine, you still have to insert the keys, kinda defeats the point but still impresses some people

Quote: Originally posted by Ken on 19 March 2003

I got a push start on mine, you still have to insert the keys, kinda defeats the point but still impresses some people
Mine has no keys apart from the one thats snapped of in the barrel to prevent the stearing lock coming on which will be covered and sprayed so u cant tell its there. All i do is pop the locks disabling the imobiliser and alarm use the security thingy and start the car with the stainless steel start button.

cost £50 including the relays wires connectors etc.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Nice pics scribbler, have been waiting for them! Looks good though, but what I said on another forum bout it is not whether insurance would come down, but whether they actually approved your security measures. Obviously not having to put a key in to start might be fishey with insurance, you know what c*nts some of them can be!

Ken

MKII Vee

The other switch is for my air horns they are not quite legal so for MOTs I switch back to the original

Nice. My dads aston has one, revs to 3000rpm and then settles, cant imagine it will work with quite the same effect on my extreme :cry: