ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pwnagetool really getting on my tits tonight..

So got a replacement iPhone and want to jailbreak it again obviously...
HOwever pwnagetool doesn't want to recognise that the iphone is connected to the USB on the connect screen after the new build has been built... any ideas all? Its miffing me off big time!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Is it in the DFU mode or w/e it is thats required?

My best suggestion is to go on youtube and find a video of someone explaining/showing how to do it, thats what i always do for things like this and its so much easier to do than trying to follow some words on a screen that can be interpreted in different ways.

Tried that and their phones are always recognised in it. :( hmmmm also tried manually putting it in DFU but no luck.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
As said right there, thats your problem then, 3.1.3 on the 3GS cannot be jailbroken. (well actually it can, but only a few people have managed to get it working)

Reason being is 3.1.3 changed the bootrom, the only way to do it is to downgrade the bootrom, and alot of people when they do that lose connectivity so i'd leave it tbh.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
You won't be able to until new OS comes out mate.

Basically, every time they jailbreak they use a "hole" in the security etc, one day all those holes are gonna run out, so they don't wanna waste one on 3.1.3 because it was a very minor update and anyone in the JB community who knew what they were doing didn't upgrade.