ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quality detailer in the North West? anyone recommend?

Track 172 Cup
Anybody recommend any VERY GOOD detailer's in the north west area I have used a few so far between me and my dad and just not been impressed for £500+ they charged even on brand new cars that were done in the dealer before hand over and needed minimal correction. Just trying to gauge now as I'm hoping to order a new car soon and want to pick who I use carefully this time and maybe see some work.

Cheers.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers Paul :)

Hai, I do it as a hobby but if you're after someone who does it full time, look at Magic detail in altringham. Or miglior detail in Preston (I think they are)

I'd be happy to help mind, pm me if you like with what you want.

Track 172 Cup
Cheers gonna have a look at Magic Detail might even call over and see some of his work. I used to use a guy in Preston a couple of times (not the one mentioned), 1st when he was starting off and was very good hence going back to him and we had two cars done the 2nd time and just couldn't justify the price vs quality of work and not doing bits on the car and missing bits (one was my dads R8 which we let him unwrap at the dealer and arranged to use their handover bay for 2 days too have it done). My dad is like yourself Knuckles a hobby detailer (VERY OCD lol he even takes the wheels off his work van to clean inside them) and we were debating on doing it ourselves IF I can convince him to let me use his heated garage lol. If i get a new car I want it mainly protecting with something durable.​

BG Clio 182
Cheers gonna have a look at Magic Detail might even call over and see some of his work. I used to use a guy in Preston a couple of times (not the one mentioned), 1st when he was starting off and was very good hence going back to him and we had two cars done the 2nd time and just couldn't justify the price vs quality of work and not doing bits on the car and missing bits (one was my dads R8 which we let him unwrap at the dealer and arranged to use their handover bay for 2 days too have it done). My dad is like yourself Knuckles a hobby detailer (VERY OCD lol he even takes the wheels off his work van to clean inside them) and we were debating on doing it ourselves IF I can convince him to let me use his heated garage lol. If i get a new car I want it mainly protecting with something durable.​
I know what you're saying but look through some of Scotts detailing threads. Just because he isn't a garage with a company name doesn't mean he isn't as good as these guys. Anyone can wash a car it's getting the fuxking scratches out and protecting it that's the hard bit ;)

Track 172 Cup
Don't mind him not being a company or business, just want someone who can fully prep and detail a brand new car, wheels off and everything.

BG Clio 182
Don't mind him not being a company or business, just want someone who can fully prep and detail a brand new car, wheels off and everything.
Lol [emoji30]

You've asked for names and I still stand by him in this instance. A new car detail really isn't as hard as fully detrimming and debadging a car and correcting swirls on a two stage polish. Taking the wheels off the car really is simple but unecessary I should say to be honest.

BG Clio 182
Cheers @Bear Head but I think stu wants more than I can offer.

It's not offensive in the slightest but I don't have the time or facilities to give the car the level of attention he's after.
Haha ;) I doubt that mate. Even If I had bought a brand new lamborghini I would take it to you to do mate.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

What is the car you're getting?

And do you want durability over looks? Look for a carpro user, cquk iirc is a semi permanent sealant which would be bang on for a new car.

I'm not too clued up on semi permanent dressings but I'm sure they do trim and glass coatings too.

Track 172 Cup
Yeah i would want durability over looks as I get lots of ash/dust etc from work on my cars.

I can't make up my mind what i want lol I have had NO car for about 3 weeks now between using my missus car for work or getting a lift off someone on my shift to nipping about in my Track car (luckily its road legal and insured just not that comfy or practical lol) but gives me the option to take my time as I'm not in a massive rush to buy or get a deal done

I REALLY like the new Focus RS but i had all intentions of buying a big V8 mainly a C63 AMG (I do about 3-4k a year in my car if that sometimes) until I was trying to find a minter for a good price (two totally different cars lol) but when I went Geneva last week the RS looked so nice in that Blue they have on their show car (which 'apparently' wont be available to order 😧 ) But my choice is either a brand new RS or a 3/4 year old C63, if I get either and they release the RS500 its going back and my name will be down for one of those lol

What is the car you're getting?

And do you want durability over looks? Look for a carpro user, cquk iirc is a semi permanent sealant which would be bang on for a new car.

I'm not too clued up on semi permanent dressings but I'm sure they do trim and glass coatings too.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol! Must be good to be you haha.

Yeah, they're only meant to be offering the RS in black, green, grey and white iirc. That liquid blue is quite a nice colour. Such a shame theyre not offering it :(

V8 mustang?

Track 172 Cup
No green has a Blue but not the one on the show car, if it was a cost option (as they think it migth) I would pay to have it.. I'm not a huge fan of the new Mustang but still need something I can take out my 7 month old daughter in (and all the equipment that goes with a baby lol) if my missus is at work and I have her with me.

Buyers will get just four choices of colours, called Nitrous Blue, Stealth Grey, Absolute Black or Frozen White. The launch car pictured here is painted in what Ford calls Liquid Blue, which is “currently only a show colour”, suggesting that it may become available as a cost option

IMG_0477_zpsuci8oj0c.jpg

Anybody recommend any VERY GOOD detailer's in the north west area I have used a few so far between me and my dad and just not been impressed for £500+ they charged even on brand new cars that were done in the dealer before hand over and needed minimal correction. Just trying to gauge now as I'm hoping to order a new car soon and want to pick who I use carefully this time and maybe see some work.

Cheers.
Just to pull you up on something here, Stu - dealer prep is horrendous 99% of the time. A new car prep will require a decent amount of correction a lot of the time if it's been prepped at the dealership before you pick it up - that's why so many clean freaks ask dealers not to touch their cars before pickup.

And the £500+ quotes you are receiving are because you are after a level of detail that warrants those charges. Wheels off with semi-permanent product details take time. Break that down to min 2 days and you're only talking £250 a day.

Take a look at some of Jim White's details and get a quote from him.

Track 172 Cup
Dealers have never touched any of the cars I've had done. Always unwrapped them myself. I've had a few cars done at the price I quoted and more as I have tried a few places (someone that was recommended on Detailing World and he wasn't very good) and don't mind paying to have the car done if its done to a high standard to justify the cost they are charging, I have tried a few different detailers and they haven't been up to much. Definitely not my dad's obsessive compulsive level lol where he does a lot of stuff himself where me I pay to have it done as I'm not very good/dislike cleaning so I would pay someone who knows what they're supposed to be doing. I guess a lot of it is also what someone else classes as good. Someone could say he was absolutely fantastic and I could think he wasn't up to much.

Dealers have never touched any of the cars I've had done. Always unwrapped them myself. I've had a few cars done at the price I quoted and more as I have tried a few places (someone that was recommended on Detailing World and he wasn't very good) and don't mind paying to have the car done if its done to a high standard to justify the cost they are charging, I have tried a few different detailers and they haven't been up to much. Definitely not my dad's obsessive compulsive level lol where he does a lot of stuff himself where me I pay to have it done as I'm not very good/dislike cleaning so I would pay someone who knows what they're supposed to be doing. I guess a lot of it is also what someone else classes as good. Someone could say he was absolutely fantastic and I could think he wasn't up to much.
In that case I suggest you speak to Jim. He is one of very few people I would let touch my own car and I can vouch for his work on numerous high value vehicles.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just to pull you up on something here, Stu - dealer prep is horrendous 99% of the time. A new car prep will require a decent amount of correction a lot of the time if it's been prepped at the dealership before you pick it up - that's why so many clean freaks ask dealers not to touch their cars before pickup.

And the £500+ quotes you are receiving are because you are after a level of detail that warrants those charges. Wheels off with semi-permanent product details take time. Break that down to min 2 days and you're only talking £250 a day.

Take a look at some of Jim White's details and get a quote from him.
+1!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 38