ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quarter panel respray

2004 iceberg 172
I'm obiously going to get a few quotes from a few body shops but when i bought my car (previously written off), i noticed afterwards that the quarter panel is painted titanium and the rest of the car is iceberg.
Roughly what sort of price am i looking at to get the quarter painted, just want a rough idea of what to expect before looking for a descent bodyshop.
I'm a total noob when it comes to bodyshops, i've never had to get anything painted before so a rough price would be appreciated :)

Petrol Blue 182
If your having the rear quarter sprayed, you will need to blend into the door or the colour wont match. price wise for a "good" job £250-300ish :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm kinda astounded you didn't notice the difference. The price above is pretty close to what I would quote.

2004 iceberg 172
I'm kinda astounded you didn't notice the difference. The price above is pretty close to what I would quote.

I no the saying you should never look at a car in the dark but it was a 3 hour drive to the car and was slightly dark by the time i arrived so silver looked silver lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It would have looked a match to be fair!

Unlucky. Titanium is the best Silver ever made.

2004 iceberg 172
Yea mate, the whole passenger side of the car was different, i changed the door wing and front bumper fairly cheaply, but the quarter will have to be painted, once its noticed it stands out like a sore thumb, and because i no its there its getting sorted

2004 iceberg 172
I've saved £400 thinking it was going to be really expensive, glad i'm going to have a few notes left in my pocket, might just get the front bumper done while its there

cordoba,panda 100 hp
has it had a rear quarter fitted or has it just been painted? i only ask as if so the the insides will need to be painted also which will affect price. you will have to have it blended into the door regardless so expect to be paying £200-£300, if the inside edges need doing also then prices from £280-£400, be sure to find the right body shop and look at work they've done before so you know what sort of jobs they turn out, dont let them bull you into anything, it should be a streightforward flatt off and re colour/laquer job so dont let them feed you anyother rubbish. the trade is on its arse at the minute so people will be trying to get your money asap, expect the job to take 2-3days depending on how busy they are, hope this helps

Clio 172
I'm a smart repair by trade if it bepends on where you go and what sort of job you are after but you are looking about about 150 to 250 depending on size and where you would like it faded out