ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question: 16v disks and calipers ona RT

cheers m8

are the 16v the same as the GTT brakes?

i can get some gtt discs from a friend if they fit the 16v calipers

i gotya, need to know if they are the same, a friend has a set of gtt calipers and discs, just need to know if they are the same as the 16v,

and what sort of improvement should i expect from the 16v/grr set up as opposed to my rt ones?

FRST and 106 GTi

dont be expecting more braking power... only less fatigue caused by the braking heat.

heard that some ppl had problems using this upgrade... too much pedal travel? Mine is the same as previous.

ive got huge pedal travel as it is

was hoping for added braking power as the brakes are hardly worth having at the moment lol

lo mate,

yes the willy/16V/GTT 19 16V calipers will all bolt straight on no problems. Old ones off, new ones on.....inc the discs.

They DO, give better braking, and performance braking parts are more readily available and cheaper.

Some people report no change in brake pedal travel, whilst i have noted an increase in mine, so i replaced the master cylinder with a 16V item. problem solved. Yours right now might just have a air block in them.

Overall, an easy and worth while mod.

FRST and 106 GTi

yes...

(this replys is more like IRC eheh)

The only reason I can see why I dont have any more pedal travel is that my car already has a valver master cylinder.
I would not be surprised since it also has got part of valvers interior.

I own a RTi... I dont think you uk ppl got this model. btw, our RSI comes with all valver interios (including the 3 extra oil gauges) and the valver rear 4 torsion bars axle with discs... (some diferences I think).

Quote: Originally posted by BUTRE on 23 February 2003

The only reason I can see why I dont have any more pedal travel is that my car already has a valver master cylinder.

DOH!!!! lol