ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for FK Coilover owners

Car  Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Has anyone else here had a problem with the little split ring on the dampers slipping out of its groove and the damper popping up into the boot of the car?

I've had this happen twice in the last 4 month - both times on the passenger side.

I know I could get the ring welded into place but wondered if it was a problem anyone else had come across?
 
sounds dodgy, never happened to me before.. never even heard of it happening before!
 
doesnt sound right, and not a common thing at all. if you can get it welded into place i would try that, as its probably going to be the safest way to do it - but may cause problems when you want to remove it
 
:( just me with this problem then.

Thanks for the replies guys, will talk to clarkiev6 on here about them, see what he recommends and get it all sorted.
 
i assume u have the rubber things in the right way around and have the nut on top? lol
gotta check the basics.....

tbh i cant remember the arrangement on the rear shockers as its not something i remove very often.....
what i can say tho is the small nut is a fookin pain in the ass to do up! takes forever!
 
Maz said:
How old are they ??

Got them in the group buy a month ago.

clio_chris said:
i assume u have the rubber things in the right way around and have the nut on top? lol
gotta check the basics.....

tbh i cant remember the arrangement on the rear shockers as its not something i remove very often.....
what i can say tho is the small nut is a fookin pain in the ass to do up! takes forever!

I had them fitted at Clarkie's so I assume they're on right lol :o I wouldn't personally have a clue!
 
in the boot iirc the damper screwy bit comes through, then a washer type thing, then a rubber bush thing, then a big screw and then the little top one.

I'll take a pic tomorrow, I know my mate at work put the rubber damper on the other way round the other day cos he thought that was how it should be.

It just scares me a bit, when it happened luckily it was on a straight but I dread to think what would happen if I'd been going thru a bend at the time.

I want it fixed for the airfield anyway! Are you coming Chris?
 
not totally sure about the airfield yet. may just come to watch.......
going through some troubled times with my car, hating it & wanting to sell it. lost all self control whilst driving so would top it off to write it off uninsured on a airfield! but thats another story!

ive taken my rear suspension apart loads of times and yet now when i try and remember what how the bushes are positioned ive gone blank!
im sure there are 2 sorta D shaped bushes which fit together with a metal tube inside then the metal plate then the nut on top of that
 
Hmmm, mine could be different then?

Here's a pic of when it came out the first time:

IMG_1599.webp


Looks like I only have one rubber bush?
 
hmmm cant really work out whats happened from the pic

seems the bushes had slipped down allowing the shocker rod to side up through the hole but cant really think how it would have happened

this is obviously how they should look.....
P10103255.gif

P10103275.gif
 
Yep mine looks the same at the top now, don't know about underneath will have to have a look.
 
Back
Top